Manager, Enterprise System Operations
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our System Operations team. This position requires deep knowledge of Networking, Windows and Linux system operation, plus security, virtualization, disaster recovery, and cloud technologies. You will lead a highly-skilled SysOps team (including Network Engineers, Windows System Administrators and Linux System Administrators) to design, implement and operate the OneWeb IT infrastructure. The mission of the system operation team is to ensure the OneWeb corporate systems have 99.99% high-reliability to support our mission.
- Provide technical leadership and management for OneWeb IT system operations team.
- Design and implement corporate IT infrastructure both in the cloud and on premises
- Support OneWeb IT systems with fail-over, load-balancing, backup, security, log management and monitoring services.
- Responsible for maintaining 99.99% system Service Level Agreement (SLA). Final escalation point for IT Infrastructure issues/outages.
- Monitor security and operation alerts, take preventive or corrective action to resolve issues.
- Ensure effective performance and 24x7 availability of the corporate IT systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the IT field, with a minimum 5 years of experience as Tech Lead/ Manager.
- Expert knowledge in Windows server operation, configuration, troubleshooting and automation.
- Strong in Linux operating systems like Red Hat or CentOS.
- Deep understanding of IT security with best practices.
- Working knowledge in Networking (TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, SMTP).
- MCSE, CCNA or RHCSA certificates are highly desired.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Expect up to 10% travel.
***No visa sponsorship is available for this position.***
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top