OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast-growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is embarking on a major program to deliver market leading capability to create a greenfield global digital telco. We want people who will contribute to the company’s mission by leveraging their experience and expertise to make a difference. Our aim is to be the easiest company to do business with!
The program of work for establishing the BSS/OSS capability is sponsored by the CIO (Chief Information Officer). The CIO role in OneWeb has responsibility for driving the implementation and ongoing management of all the core technology systems and processes for running the customer, product, and service lifecycle. The CIO also has responsibility for end-to-end architecture, core network, security, services, and cloud & IT.
Our technical architects find technical solutions to drive our business forward so OneWeb can deliver market leading products that are easy to use in time for our commercial launch. They leverage modern cloud and SAAS technologies as the first choice to deliver an excellent user experience.
To deliver the breadth of technical capability needed to have a successful business launch, we have split our program into key value streams: concept to contract, order to activate, usage to cash, trouble to resolve, and analyse to improve. The technical architect will own the technology strategy and the solution architecture within the value stream and work in close collaboration with other technical architects across value streams.
By close collaboration with Agile PMs, Product Owners and other technical architects you will leverage standard technology capabilities to deliver our digital first, cloud first, SAAS first strategy in a predictable and repeatable manner.
- Translating our business strategy and requirements into technical approaches that are based on class-leading SAAS products to the extent possible.
- Working in a cross functional delivery team to develop an all-inclusive vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives.
- Establishing an incremental implementation strategy to maintain flexibility while maximising speed of delivery.
- Setting guardrails, principles and practices for delivery of digital and cloud first commercial support systems.
- Synchronising cross-cutting disciplines such as data security, UX, deployment methodologies, and performance across solutions.
- Identifying opportunities to improve performance and proactively challenge system usage to maximise return on investment.
- Checking the deliverables from vendor partners to make sure they are fit-for-purpose and guide and coach teams as necessary.
- Meet alpha, beta, customer trials and commercial launch milestones with capabilities that make OneWeb the easiest company to do business with!
- Deliver a world class tech stack to support the commercial organization
- Rapidly bring next generation features to end users by leveraging out of the box capability
- Drive improvement in key KPIs and objective and key results (OKRs) for external and internal business processes and help to bring ability to track new KPIs
- End-to-end data and systems integrity.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in digital architecture and design with strong telco knowledge across complex transformation or scale programs, with deep knowledge in at least one of BSS, OSS, telco orchestration, user experience management or data analytics.
- Expertise with cloud, SaaS, micro services and other architecture paradigms.
- Experience of Agile and DevOps.
- Solid understanding of and experience with dynamic and global multi-party delivery.
Back to top