Launch Mission Manager
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Launch Mission Manager is responsible for managing one or more launch contracts to ensure timely execution of the largest constellation of satellites ever launched. In this position, the Launch Mission Manager will manage existing launch and supplier contracts and ensure technical, cost and schedule performance of the launch provider.
- Manage existing launch contracts and performance which includes working directly with the launch provider’s program management in executing the Launch Services Agreements (requires extensive understanding of their launch contract, technical interfaces and launch environments, and program management).
- Ensure technical, cost and schedule performance of the launch provider.
- Responsible for developing, managing and ensuring launch provider compliance to the ICD.
- Manage the launch campaign operations in coordination with the Launch Operations Lead.
- Provide budget input to the Launch Director.
- Interface with Fleet Management Systems (FMS) Flight Dynamics Engineers.
- Manage the technical performance of the launch providers to ensure they meet the launch segment requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Master’s preferred.
- Demonstrated and proven knowledge and experience leading launch contracts, technical interfaces, launch environments, and program management.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in launch systems and operations.
- Demonstrated objective, rational and multidisciplinary thinking.
- Experience managing ITAR programs.
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Back to top