IT Support Engineer
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The IT Support Engineer is responsible for performing analytical, technical, and administrative work in the installation of new and support of existing computer systems; troubleshoots and resolves issues with workstations and peripheral equipment located throughout the organization in response to user reported incidents; trains end users in the use of equipment and software.
- Provides professional, courteous, and quality technical support to all users in a timely manner. Responds to inbound calls, voicemail, web-submissions, emails and/or instant message to the Support Service Desk for assistance from users experiencing problems.
- Develop detailed documentation to support the use of hardware, software, and telecommunication products.
- Give new users IT training on supported software and services, and introduce procedural steps for others to follow.
- Support IT related projects such as server or network upgrades, new office opening and inventory control.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an IT customer service and/or helpdesk role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge with Linux Operating Systems, particularly CentOS/RHEL.
- Must have experience maintaining and using Active Directory and Exchange services.
- Must have experience with consumer-oriented Windows based systems and services, including Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel), Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
- Working experience with Smartphones (both iPhone and Android). Experience using Casper Suite (JAMF) or other MDM (mobile Device Mangement) platforms a plus.
- Working experience using Atlassian products such as Confluence and JIRA.
- Familiar with IT technologies such as networking, security, backup and recovery, and VPN.
No visa sponsorship or relocation is available for this position.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top