Integration & Test Engineer
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Integration and Test Engineer is responsible for operating OneWeb laboratory and related equipment in the performance of development and integration testing of the OneWeb ground systems. The Engineer will configure servers and networking equipment, create and run scripted tests, record results, and produce test reports for the various satellite segments. The OneWeb lab is the primary integration and testing point for a wide range of OneWeb internal users and the job requires a customer centric attitude to provide a test environment and equipment for these users.
- Produce test procedures and reports with no re-writing required.
- Write basic scripts using common scripting languages.
- Articulate and defend results and testing procedures to a range of audiences.
- Configure test equipment for operation, including network emulators, and packet loss/latency measurement tools.
- Troubleshoot equipment communications problems between test equipment and elements of the OneWeb signal transmission equipment.
- Utilize hand tools (cable and serial pinout manufacture) and network test tools.
- Quickly learn and master new operating systems, applications, and technologies.
- Experience with CAD tools such as, but not limited to, AutoCAD and SolidWorks to design and produce test components.
- Experience etching, fabricating, populating, and testing single or multi-layer circuit boards.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in routing and switching and at least 4 years' experience in progressively more senior positions in network administration, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in 1 or more scripting languages: C#, Ruby, Python, C++.
- Proven proficiency in both Linux and Windows system administration.
- Familiarity with satellite and wireless LTE communication.
- Prior experience in a technology development environment.
- Proficiency in building and operating network management systems.
- Proficiency in networking and RF cable manufacture.
- Familiarity with principles of analog and digital electronics.
- Ability to work independently.
- Cisco Network Certification (CCNA, CCNP).
- 4-year degree in a technical field.
- Experience in satellite or wireless LTE communications.
- Proficiency with RF test equipment (Signal, generators, Vector Signal Analyzers, Oscilloscopes).
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Back to top