Ground System Controller (UK) (Multiple Openings)
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. It’s high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Fleet Operations UK Satellite Operations Center (UKSOC) Ground System Controller position is a shift position, reporting to the on-shift Mission Director, and the successful candidate will participate in the implementation, configuration, and support for Fleet Management Segment (FMS) technical efforts associated with OneWeb Fleet Operations. This individual shall be familiar with satellite ground systems, mission operation application software, infrastructure hardware & software, and mission operation support. This position will require working closely with the FMS Ground System mission operation team to support the system application throughout the satellite system development and operation.
- Maintain satellite command and control ground system to ensure nominal operations and troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Identifying, analyzing, and troubleshooting satellite operational data flow related issues in OneWeb Fleet Management Segment (FMS) ground system including firewalls, routers, switches, cloud computing infrastructure, FMS application software layer, remotely hosted hardware, and MPLS network
- Maintain the network integrity and security of FMS infrastructure systems
- Monitoring and measuring availability, latency, and overall system data flow health
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, C, or C++
- Experience working in Unix/Linux OS based systems
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development process, DevOps, and mission critical production environments
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), including AWS or private Cloud implementations, including Open Stack
- Experience with continuous monitoring tools, including Kibana and Nagios
- Experience with network administration of Cisco and/or Arista platforms
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN inter networking technologies and all OSI layers including the application layer
- Experience with Satellite ground communication system including Radio Frequency (RF) antenna equipment, and wide-area communications networks.
*Must have the right to work in the EEA (European Economic Area)
Back to top