GNOC Automation Engineer
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The GNOC Automation Engineer is a member of the OneWeb Communications Ground Segment (CGS) team operating our world class Global Network Operations Centre (GNOC). The Engineer will assist in ensuring successful operation of our GNOC by delivering and maintaining tooling, automations and support for the Network Operations team. This tooling will include a wide variety of extensions and enhancements to existing systems as well as bespoke solutions to meet our specific business and operational needs. The Engineer will work with other stakeholders to identify areas where additional tooling, automation and support would assist our operations teams and will then enjoy significant freedom to identify, select and implement technologies and solutions.
- Working with stakeholders and analysts to aid in gathering requirements, identifying process bottlenecks and operational inefficiencies
- Interacting with vendors and understanding how existing solutions and systems can be customized and extended
- Researching, critically evaluating each, and selecting the most appropriate from, a variety of solutions
- Implementing, integrating, documenting and fully testing the solution
- Where applicable, providing solution training
- Carrying out ongoing maintenance
- Managing the full SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) for the above activities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Experience working with an RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, Oracle)
- Experience working with formal software development practices including, but not limited to: source control, automated testing, build systems and continuous integration
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with the full Software Development Lifecycle, including requirements capture, development, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Ability to present complex information at appropriate levels
- Self-starting and self-management ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience performing technology integrations
- Experience with TCP/IP networking
- Experience working with and customizing Jira
- Experience processing, analyzing and deriving value from, large data sets
- Experience with the DataMiner Network Management System (including developing views, Automation Scripts and Drivers) or other Network Management Systems
- Experience working with Apache Cassandra and Spark
- Experience working in Scrum, or another Agile process
- Experience working in virtualized/containerized environments including VMWare and Docker
- Experience working with Cloud computing services, such as AWS or Auzre
- Knowledge of satellite networks, technologies and communication
- Experience working closely with customers, whether internal or external
No sponsorship available for this position
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top