Flight Dynamics Mission Analyst
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. It’s high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Flight Dynamics Mission Analyst will work on the Flight Dynamics Team to perform long-term and near-term operational analysis for OneWeb’s constellation of satellites. The candidate should have a solid understanding and be comfortable with planning maneuvers to target changes to orbital elements. The Analyst will also assist in development of the Flight Dynamics System which performs all of the Flight Dynamics related tasks for the constellation. The candidate should possess strong analytical and computing skills. Understanding of scientific and numerical computing limitations and issues in the simulation of physical systems is a necessity.
- Perform full mission lifetime Flight Dynamics analyses from launch to mission to de-orbit including:
- Maneuver Planning and Performance
- Trajectory Analysis and Design
- Orbit Determination
- Support development of the Flight Dynamics ground software
- Support development of the Flight Dynamics Operational Cadence
- Support automation of Flight Dynamics processes
- Support system readiness, planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation for all phases of spacecraft lifetime; from launch to mission to de-orbit
- Writing complex specifications, interface control documents, and engineering reports
- Support mission CONOPS development
Required Skills and Experience:
- MS in Aerospace Engineering with 3-6 years of experience or PhD with 1-3 years of satellite astrodynamics analysis experience
- Strong technical knowledge of astrodynamics, orbital mechanics, attitude dynamics, trajectory optimization, guidance and navigation and mission design
- Experience with at least 2 of the following topics: orbit determination, maneuver planning, error analysis, and perturbation analysis
- Experience with orbit analysis tools, i.e. GMAT, OREKIT, STK, FreeFlyer
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when necessary
- High level of problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work in an environment with rapidly evolving system requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Satellite mission operations experience
- Experience with common computer development languages, i.e. C++, Java, Python
*No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top