Fleet Operations Spacecraft Controller
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Fleet Operations Spacecraft Controller reports to the Senior Fleet Management Systems Engineer and performs all activities and tasks necessary to control the fleet of OneWeb satellites. Control of the fleet is highly automated and therefore the controller is an expert in operation of the command and control applications software, the satellite subsystems, the mission management software, and interfaces to other elements of the system. The controller facilitates execution of the schedule, manages automation, but predominantly performs manual and contingency commanding as required. Controllers also participate in procedure development, test and validation, automation rule set development, test and deployment.
- Execute all planned tasks for satellite operations
- Configure, operate, troubleshoot and resolve issues in the command and control operations applications software.
- Integrate and configure the satellite and ground systems databases into the command and control system
- Convert satellite manufacturer delivered nominal and contingency operations procedures into automated procedures executed from command and control systems.
- Configure, test and verify the new procedures in the command and control system
- Perform on-console satellite operations in a shift environment
Required Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in:
-Real-time flight operations console expertise
-Satellite command and control operations software and products
-General satellite subsystem operation and maintenance
-LEO satellite ops including launch, in-orbit test, orbital maneuvers, commissioning, and deorbit
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take ownership of all aspects of job and take initiative
- Excellent oral and written skills and communication / briefing skills is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines in highly dynamic environment
- Direct experience in command and control system configuration and operation is preferred.
- Multi-satellite LEO constellation operations experience is preferred.
***No visa sponsorship is available for this position***
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top