Fleet Operations Mission Planner (UK)
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Fleet Operations UK Satellite Operations Center (UKSOC) Mission Planner is an engineer reporting to the Mission Planning Lead and is responsible for all aspects of spacecraft operations planning. A successful candidate is an engineer or technician with satellite subsystem and operations knowledge. The MP understands constraints to satellite and ground system operations, activity dependencies, systems limitations, and operational priorities. Tasks include analyzing and processing planning requests for feasibility, contact scheduling, and mission plan development and publishing. In addition, the Mission planner will process real-time change requests and modifications to the plan. The planner interfaces with other crew positions, resolves conflicts, and makes notifications per the Mission Planning process.
- Development, deconfliction, and publishing of the constellation mission plan
- Receive, process, screen and deploy spacecraft activity schedules
- Deconflict plan requests based on operational priorities and constraints
- Configure, operate, and troubleshoot planning system software applications
- Respond to unscheduled outages, applications software issues/failures
- Perform on-console mission planning activities in a rotating shift environment
Required Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Satellite and ground system operations
- Activity prioritization and planning
- Real-time schedule deconfliction
- Spacecraft activity feasibility analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take ownership of all aspects of job and take initiative
- Excellent oral and written skills and communication / briefing skills is essential.
- A minimum of 2 years of aerospace industry or equivalent experience required with 5 years preferred.
- Direct experience in resource or mission planning software application system configuration and operation, Launch and Early Obit Operations, sustaining Satellite Operations, and Flight Dynamics is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines in high stress environments
- Multi-satellite LEO constellation operations experience is a plus.
*Must have the right to work in the EEA (European Economic Area)
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top