Fleet Operations Mission Director
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. It’s high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Fleet Operations Mission Director (MD) reports to the Senior Fleet Management Systems Engineer and is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the OneWeb fleet of satellites. The MD has the authority to execute any and all actions necessary to maintain payload service, health of the satellites, and overall smooth operations in the OneWeb Satellite Operations Center (SOC). The MD is also the orchestrator, coordinator and final authority to operations elements in the Fleet Management Segment including the Command and Control, Flight Dynamics, Mission Planning, Mission Management, Engineering and Analytics, Infrastructure, and Earth Station Control elements. The MD ensures all internal and external interfaces operate nominally. The MD manages the SOC operations team, ensures adequate operator and support personnel coverage, makes notifications per procedures and leads all contingency or emergency actions necessary.
- Lead and manage all planned operations activities within the SOC real time operations
Coordinate actions and activities with Fleet Operations Management team
- Leads and manages nominal operations of all elements and interfaces
- Leads contingency and emergency activities including notifications, chairs anomaly response meetings and ensures complete plans to recover are drafted and executed
- Prepares shift handover briefings and ensures proper shift handovers are completed between all positions prior to accepting control of the fleet
Required Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in:
o Leading large teams of realtime operations personnel and engineers
o Real-time flight operations console expertise
o Operations software use, configuration and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take ownership of all aspects of job and take initiative
- Excellent oral and written skills and communication / briefing skills is essential.
- A minimum of 10 years of aerospace industry or equivalent experience required with 15 years preferred.
- Direct experience in command and control system configuration and operation, Launch and Early Obit Operations, sustaining Satellite Operations, and Flight Dynamics is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines in high stress environments
- Multi-satellite LEO constellation operations experience is preferred.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top