Fleet Operations Ground Control Engineer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. It’s high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Fleet Management Segment (FMS) Ground Control Engineer participates in the implementation, configuration, and support of Fleet Management Segment technical efforts associated with OneWeb Fleet Operations. This individual shall be familiar with satellite ground systems including Radio Frequency (RF) antenna system, mission operation application software (including front end processors and modems), infrastructure hardware & software, and ground system network operation. This position will manage the Satellite Operations Center (SOC) Earth Station Control Element (ECE) product development and will manage the ground controllers in the SOC. This position works closely with the FMS Fleet Operation team to support the system applications throughout the satellite system development and on-orbit operation.
- Support the management of satellite TT&C system service contract integration & testing
- Support the development & integration of FMS network traffic management & control within OneWeb wide area network
- Support end-to-end deployment and acceptance of the ECE portion of the FMS Ground System hardware/software solution in SOC.
- Perform ECE system engineering and operations development & enhancement, including ECE requirements management, technical risk management, and external/internal interface definition and implementation
- Development, test and deploy standard operating procedures, perform ECE operator training, and implement best practices
- Maintain satellite command & control ground network communication to ensure nominal operations and troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Maintain the network integrity and security of FMS infrastructure systems external network connections
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot satellite operational data flow related issues in OneWeb FMS ground system including firewalls, routers, switches, cloud computing infrastructure, FMS application software layer, remotely hosted hardware, and MPLS network with TT&C service provider
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Satellite ground communication system including RF antenna equipment and wide-area communications networks.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux OS based systems
- Experience with continuous monitoring tools, including Kibana and Nagios
- Experience with network administration of Cisco and/or Arista platforms
- Experience with LAN/WAN inter networking technologies and all OSI layers including the application layer
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum software development process and mission critical production environments
- Familiarity with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), including AWS or private Cloud implementations, including Open Stack
*No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top