Facilities Coordinator - Entry-level
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Facilities Coordinator reports to the Facility Manager and serves as the customer interface and point of contact for support of multiple office sites (Tysons Corner).
Responsibilities and Projects:
- Coordinates facilities activities, work direction, and support systems.
- Assists the Facility Manager in aspects of project implementation as needed.
- Supports the Facility Manager with external contracts as needed.
- Coordinates and schedules all aspects of moves for company personnel, furniture, and other items.
- Assists in identifying and resolving facility deficiencies and maintaining aesthetic appearances for multiple sites.
- Serves as a liaison in multiple offices with building management and building engineers.
- Performs regularly scheduled inspections and determines course of appropriate required action.
- Schedules preventative maintenance and repairs with building landlords and vendors.
- Ensures the physical appearance of the office is to company standards.
- Procures and stocks office and kitchen supplies.
- Cleans the kitchen and break room areas daily.
- Maintain the organization of conference rooms and other common areas as necessary.
- Monitors, orders and stocks pantry, office and copy area supplies.
- Assists Facility Manager in locating parts, supplies, and materials.
- Manages and coordinates mail, shipping and receiving of sensitive and internal correspondence, mail and packages in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all mail and packages are shipped by the end of business day.
- Addresses and resolves any issues with delayed shipments.
- Receives vendor orders and ensures all items are included.
- Conducts delivery and pick-up of sensitive/confidential mail and packages as needed.
- Sets up office equipment, assembles office furniture, and ad-hoc repairs.
- Manages the CMMS system, including receiving work requests, assigning work orders, entering system data, and providing the overall system administration.
- Manages the security access-control database in conjunction with the Facility Manager and building leasing agencies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High organization skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work a reception desk to great visitors, document visits and issue temporary badges.
- Use of computerized maintenance management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate professionally, both verbally and in written form with internal and external customers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to lift 25 pounds daily.
- Dependable, punctual, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Adept at troubleshooting; must be able to determine a problem and develop a solution(s).
- Able to manage multiple priorities with flexibility and adaptability to rapid growth or change.
- Displays a sense of urgency towards completing required tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top