Executive Assistant to the CEO
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast-growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Executive Assistant will support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This is a vital position requiring a highly focused, and energetic professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment. We are seeking an experienced assistant who has significant experience supporting an executive in a global business, the right candidate will have a professional and considered demeanour and will be a self-starter and an attentive team player who can thrive in a high growth business. The role demands a high level of discretion, excellent attention to detail and a flexible and responsive approach.
- Provide one-on-one Executive Assistant support to the CEO;
- Coordinate travel arrangements and detailed itineraries for the relevant Executives or Vice Presidents to include flights, hotel, rental vehicles and other travel logistics both domestically and internationally;
- Organize complex schedules, maintain and manage calendar, prioritize and coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences, and other engagements;
- Be part of a diverse and energetic, global team of Executive Assistants who are focused on ensuring they provide excellent support to the leadership team of OneWeb;
- When appropriate, take minutes and distribute communications for actions using good judgment and discretion with sensitive information;
- Liaise with other key stakeholders, relaying timely and critical information to/from the executives as required;
- Maintain rhythm of standing meetings with key stakeholders;
- Build and maintain relationships and constantly strive to improve service and professionalism;
- Be part of the UK operational team, provide a supportive approach and get involved in the relevant functions to ensure the new UK office is operating at its best;
- Assist in preparation of board packages and key information for executives including developing presentations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Several years’ experience as an Executive Assistant supporting corporate executives;
- Responsive and able to juggle shifting priorities and manage change;
- Able to deal with a high level of ambiguity;
- Exceptional organizational, planning and prioritization skills and attention to detail;
- Extensive experience of diary management and arranging international travel and conference calls;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in French and/or other European languages (desirable but not essential);
- Expertise with Outlook and MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Experience working in a high-growth environment;
- Strong track record of being a team player;
- Ability to motivate and influence others;
- High levels of integrity and discretion.
*No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top