At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is on a journey to introduce & implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools and processes throughout the organization with an objective to establish business process, continuous improvement and operational effectiveness, reduce operating costs and mitigate risks.
The primary goal of the ERP program is to achieve automation of internal business processes standardized across multiple locations and countries underpinned by an integrated suite of business management applications to ensure transparency, visibility & seamless collaboration across functions, departments customers, partners & vendors. Once done, this would significantly boost employee productivity across the organization freeing up time to perform strategic & value-adding tasks.
The purpose of the role is to act as a custodian of ERP architecture, solution & roadmap and assist in technology/vendor selection as well as on-going architectural governance of ERP for OneWeb.
This position will collaborate with the Platform Enterprise Architect, OSS/BSS Application Architect and other key stakeholders for requirements engineering, solution architecture, delivery planning and deployment at a project level.
The role is expected to have strong expertise in functional/business & technical aspects bringing perspectives from all ERP architecture domains (process, application, data, technology & security) into the ERP solution design.
In the steady state, the role is responsible for solution evaluation and business case estimates while ensuring that the ERP solutions developed are aligned to enterprise architecture standards & principles, leveraging common solutions & services.
- Design, development & maintenance of ERP architecture, solution, technology
- Responsible for understanding the capabilities required across various functions and departments to define and execute an architecture plan including technology/vendor selection in partnership with the broader Platform architecture community
- Responsible for the ERP application & data architecture and the associated lifecycle/roadmap based on modern technologies and trends
- Act as part of the broader Platform architecture community to define and execute architecture process and governance ensuring alignment with enterprise architecture standards/principles
- Responsible for all buy vs. build for the ERP & Functions regional applications portfolio
- Act as a single point of contact to provide recommendations for business process design, custom software development design/architecture, and interfaces for the lifecycle
- Primary contact for internal & external ERP stakeholders/vendors to provide support for detailed design & production deployment
- Responsible for ensuring OneWeb roadmap items are included in vendor roadmap(s)
- Own architecture & technology definition based on new and emerging technologies and trends
- Lead disaster recovery activities and contributes to disaster recovery planning
- Ensure user training and support for ERP applications across the organisation
- Develop ERP champions across relevant organisation functions
- Responsible for planning updates and upgrades to the ERP suite of applications
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Engg. in relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience including minimum 5-6 years of ERP solution design/delivery experience ideally for a Telecom or IT organization
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an IT architecture role
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture (Oracle JDE, SAP etc.) with 5 years of experience in business process design and/or improvement
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving skills and the ability to apply business requirements to IT solutions
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal & presentation skills
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large/global/matrix organization
- Industry certification (Examples include ITIL, APICS, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience of agile & waterfall methodologies (applied in a technical or business context)
- Experience of working within a fast paced and complex technical project environment
- Experience of working on large-scale systems integration projects
- Ability to deconstruct & express complex information in clear & unambiguous terms
- Good understanding/awareness of e2e telecom business processes (eTOM) & IT operations
- Good understanding of new age IT / Digital concepts
- Strong commercial & financial acumen to estimate work effort with supporting data
- Technical Knowledge or awareness of digital/mobile/web applications development
- Expertise in project management, budget forecast and cost & financial analysis
- Strong time-management skills, disciplined, well-organized and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal & stakeholder management skills across functions, geographies & cultures
No visa sponsorship available for this position
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top