Director UT Operations
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The User Terminal team at OneWeb is working with world class product and manufacturing companies to build user terminals for many different markets form consumer to maritime to Aero. These terminals will be deployed on a global basis. OneWeb is looking for person to lead our operational activities of the user terminal. This includes managing the full operational life cycle of the user terminal once it leaves the factory. This role encompasses the following responsibilities.
- Distribution, Customs and Logistics: Ensuring the terminals are shipped, imported and delivered to our customers.
- Records Management: Working with our Global Network Operations team to ensure all the terminals are tracked in terms of their location, ownership, and operational status.
- Provisioning, configuration, and software update management: Work with vendors and our global operations manage software updates and user terminal configuration management.
- Return materials, fault and root cause analysis: Managing returns and the diagnosis of root cause and repair.
- Customer Support processes – Ensuring appropriate support processes are in place and are being effective.
- Operational analytics – Tracking all operational analytics related to the terminal.
- Quality operations – Ensuring operations have quality process to meet our customer’s needs.
- 20% of Travel Required.
- Experience and knowledge working with global logistics and technology distribution companies.
- Experience with reverse logistics, repairs and return management.
- Experience with wide variety of fulfillment solutions including global fulfillment, customs clearance and local issues.
- Experience managing teams with variety of operational, analytics and logistic skills.
- Experience with configuration management and control.
- Experience with customer support operations flows.
- Min of 10+yrs of experience, Bachelor's degree.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top