Director, Strategy & Architecture
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale
OneWeb is on a journey to architect and implement an IT Platform to enable an agile 21st century global digital telecommunications business. This is a unique ‘greenfield’ opportunity.
The Director of Strategy & Architecture will lead a small team of Enterprise Architects and Senior Business Analysts in the creation and the ongoing evolution of the OneWeb Platform in alignment with the needs of the business.
The purpose of the role is to act as a custodian of the OneWeb Platform architecture, solution & roadmap and assist in technology/vendor selection as well as on-going architectural governance of Platform Solutions for OneWeb.
- Leadership of the OneWeb Strategy & Architecture team
- Alignment of technology roadmaps with the Satellite, Networks and Security teams
- Building senior stakeholder relationships to ensure that the OneWeb Platform meets the launch needs of the business and that the roadmap of the Platform supports the business strategy
- Responsible for the OSS/BSS/ERP application & data architecture and the associated lifecycle/roadmap based on modern technologies and trends
- Responsible for the Big Data and Digital architecture and solutions
- Act as the Leader of the broader Platform architecture community to define and execute architecture process and governance ensuring all solutions are aligned with enterprise architecture standards/principles
- Responsible for all buy vs. build for the Platform applications
- Responsible for ensuring OneWeb roadmap items are included in vendor roadmap(s)
- Own architecture & technology definition based on new and emerging technologies and trends
- Lead disaster recovery activities and contributes to disaster recovery planning
Required Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years of experience of architecting solutions and design/delivery experience for a Telecom organization
- Experience of building solutions that scale from start up.
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture with 10 years of experience in business process design and/or improvement based on industry standards
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving skills and the ability to apply business requirements to IT solutions
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal & presentation skills
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large/global/matrix organization
- Industry certification (Examples include ITIL, APICS, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience of agile & waterfall methodologies (applied in a technical or business context)
- Experience of working within a fast paced and complex technical project environment
- Experience of working on large-scale systems integration projects
- Ability to deconstruct & express complex information in clear & unambiguous terms
- Expert understanding/awareness of e2e telecom business processes (eTOM) & IT operations
- Expert understanding of new age IT / Digital concepts
- Strong commercial & financial acumen to estimate work effort with supporting data
- Technical Knowledge or awareness of digital/mobile/web applications development
- Expertise in project management, budget forecast and cost & financial analysis
- Strong time-management skills, disciplined, well-organized and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal & stakeholder management skills across functions, geographies & cultures
Must have the right to work in the EEA (European Economic Area)
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top