Director, Solutions Engineering
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast-growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Customer Integration team at OneWeb is responsible for understanding customer requirements and translating them into viable and commercial solutions in our vertical markets. As part of the team, the Solutions Engineering Director will lead the team responsible for the sales engineering function. This is a unique opportunity to build and develop a dynamic and focused team responsible for providing technical marketing support to our product and sales teams.
- Manage and develop the regionally based Solutions Engineering teams;
- Provide leadership, guidance and prioritization to all cross-regional sales engineering related activities;
- Work closely with the product and sales team to maximize account coordination and to influence technical solutions ensuring OneWeb meet commercial and technical standards;
- Develop customers E2E technical solution that meets services standards;
- Ensure close coordination within all relevant OneWeb departments in support of services solution;
- Lead the technical support for pre-and post-sales activities to achieve an outstanding customer experience;
- Develop and track plans and metrics that meet company goals.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Significant and demonstrable experience in Solutions Engineering with a proven track record in telecommunications;
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or in a relevant field. Knowledge of satellite RF communications systems and IP Networking technologies;
- Excellent organizational and communications skills;
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership experience;
- Apt at successful conflict resolution;
- Able to lead, mentor and further developer the team;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Good understanding of the end to end sales cycle, processes and best practices.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top