Director, Product Management - Aero
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISPs, and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect two million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
Reporting to the VP, Product Management, the Director, Aero Product Management will develop and own the value proposition for OneWeb’s services targeted at the Aero market. The value proposition includes product and service offering, pricing strategy, structure and packages. This is a brand new position and this key leader will own the product strategy and develop the Aero product team, ensuring OneWeb can effectively capitalize on the identified opportunity.
- Create a ‘pull’ from the market for OneWeb’s products and services
- Generate and channel leads to our distribution channel
- Support the OneWeb channel with sector expertise as needed
- Support business development efforts in identifying and pursuing opportunities relevant to the sector
- In concert with key business support functions such as legal, accounting and, finance, develop the business case, capital expenditures plans, terms and conditions of any service offering
- Establish leadership role as the company’s thought leader for the management of OneWeb’s Aero product portfolio and marshal all required resources to develop, refine and communicate a succinct Aero sector management strategy that will establish our industry leadership over the long term
- Prioritize and lead cross functionality in order to develop required solutions
- Utilize effective methodologies to define and verify market/customer demand
- Work with and represent the organization to senior level contacts at outside companies
- Exhibit superior internal leadership, sense of urgency, prioritization, collaboration, coordination and prudent utilization of expert resources to advance the OneWeb mission
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 10 years proven experience in selling and marketing products and services to the sector and developing marketing plans/new business opportunities preferable with P&L responsibility or exposure
- Significant experience in a global telecom, terrestrial or satellite environment
- Understanding of, or the ability to quickly learn satellite technology
- Experience in putting together consumer service packages and pricing
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering and MBA preferred
- Experience in multiple markets across the world highly preferred
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required to maintain alignment across the organization and momentum on each opportunity
- Expert knowledge of Aero industry
- Experience with new product introductions, sales and marketing of the product
- Experience developing and successfully meeting a business case; market research and determining demand and the ability to deliver successful projects on time, through the leadership of teams, both internal and external
- Customer focused both internally and externally
- The position requires an innovative, out of the box thinker who can facilitate internal collaborative discussions to conceptualize and define our service offerings and future enhancements
- Leadership: ability to positively and proactively lead direct reports and a cross functional team across the organization; provide coaching and guidance to advance initiatives and support individual growth and career development
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Vikram I.Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top