At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Director, Launch is responsible for the OneWeb launch strategy and the timely execution of the largest constellation of satellites ever launched. In this position, the Director, Launch will manage existing launch and supplier contracts, procurement of new launchers, and lead the team responsible for launch operations. As a key player in the Space Segment team, the Director, Launch will lead and own the OneWeb relationship with a variety of key suppliers.
- Lead and develop the end to end launch vehicle strategy ensuring strong, innovative and timely launch solutions for OneWeb’s satellites.
- Use extensive industry knowledge and strong leadership skills to manage a small team of senior experts responsible for launch contracts; guide and develop a group of senior engineers in a courageous and open way, seeking growth amongst the team.
- Develop and maintain the Launch Segment Schedule.
- Own, develop, maintain and manage a launch segment budget of over $2b working closely with OneWeb Finance and the central Program Management Office.
- Develop and manage the common interface and a Launch Interface Requirements document.
- Manage the technical performance of the launch providers to ensure they meet the Launch Segment requirements.
- Lead the team responsible for launch operations, supporting the continued review and readiness of launch operations.
- Work with OneWeb’s Program Office and General Counsel team to lead contract negotiations for future launch contracts as well as supplier contracts required to meet the launch segment requirements, cost and schedule.
- Operate as a key leader in the OneWeb Space Segment team; interface with the Space Segment Chief Engineer and Subsystem Engineering groups to support technical oversight of the launch interfaces with satellite manufacturers.
- In conjunction with the Chief Engineering team support business development and advancement of launch management to include the innovation of new launcher opportunities.
- Advanced Engineering Degree.
- Demonstrated and proven knowledge and experience leading launch contracts, technical interfaces, launch environments, and program management.
- Significant experience in satellite and launch development and operations.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in launch systems and operations.
- A strong leader who will encourage an environment that surfaces the best ideas; builds a culture of accountability; drives execution and has the courage to act upon convictions.
- The ability to manage senior expects with a coaching style that focuses on purpose, creativity and continuous development.
- Demonstrated objective, rational and multidisciplinary thinking.
- Significant launch industry experience, an expert in their field.
- Experience managing ITAR programs.
- US Citizen (desired).
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top