At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
As the Corporate Finance Business Planning Director, you will have ownership over financial controls, planning, analysis, and reporting while managing a team of financial analysts. You will interface directly with the leadership team, internal colleagues, along with investors, partners, and vendors. We expect that you will use your entrepreneurial drive to develop great solutions, working independently with various stakeholders internally and externally, with limited oversight and high visibility throughout the organization. The role includes a combination of operational, technical, and strategic elements that provide an intellectually challenging and impactful opportunity. You will lead long-term strategic financial modeling, business analysis, capital fundraising due diligence, cash forecasting, and board presentation. You will also provide support to Finance counterparts in the short-term budgeting and forecasting processes, as needed.
You are a multi-talented finance and strategy rock star with a prior operating role in a tech startup. You love rolling up your sleeves to solve problems and can handle corporate finance duties in your sleep. You are excited about working in a well-funded and revenue generating startup that is a leading innovator in its market. You are good at doing thoughtful analysis, coming up with fact-based conclusions, and then effectively communicating your point of view in a clear and concise manner with your fellow leadership team. You're energized by a hands-on role that must balance the execution of daily finance operations and thrive working with a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Develop and maintain long-term financial and operational metric models. Compute associated IRR / Valuations of projected Cash Flows.
- Ensure the financial models are accurate, timely, and presentable at various levels of the organization.
- Implement effective decision support tools to evaluate critical corporate initiatives, including strategic direction and operational issues affecting the business
- Support all due diligence exercises to raise debt and equity funding.
- Identify financial trends and developments in competitive environments.
- Perform traditional treasury functions related to investments including cash planning, structuring, and analysis.
- Oversee/monitor monthly cash flow and working capital needs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 15+ years of corporate accounting/financial analysis, corporate development, and/or FP&A experience and at least 5 years management responsibilities.
- Experience with financial forecasting, analysis, and financial statement modeling
- Advanced PowerPoint skills and Excel superpowers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top