At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is on a journey to implement an IT Platform to enable an agile 21st century global digital telecommunications business. This is a unique ‘greenfield’ opportunity.
The DevOps Director will oversee the development, standardization, deployment, and operational management of OneWeb’s IT Platforms. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader, excellent communicator, have demonstrable expertise in DevOps implementation and automation and above all be customer and team focused. They will also manage and supervise assigned technical and support staff; work closely with stakeholders from across OneWeb to define and implement technology enhancements and solutions.
This role will suit someone who has the passion to be an evangelist across the organisation for the latest DevOps & Digital practices and to build a team from scratch to deliver a substantial DevOps pipeline under pressure to support an aggressive business launch plan.
- Manage the delivery of BSS/OSS/Portal Platforms and subsequent development and operations using an in-house development team, outside Vendor and/or a combination of both
- Monitor for adherence to budget, quality and timeline
- Oversee reporting within Platform team and report status into leadership team
- Conduct project reviews with team
- Ensure traceability to business defined use cases and processes
- Facilitate timely resolution of issues and escalation of service delivery problems
- Work with outside vendors reviewing master service agreement, statement of work ensuring service levels meet the business needs
- Facilitate delivery by outside vendor ensuring compliance between OW teams and vendor teams
- Support other stakeholders in organization by contributing to strategy, IT governance, estimation and planning management.
- Facilitate additional process and tool definition for BSS/OSS/Portal implementation and ensure compliance to already established processes and tools in the organization
- Implement continuous improvement through quality metrics and stakeholder satisfaction
Communicate ideas and information to others in a clear and concise manner
- Manage the change management process for all of BSS/OSS/Portal platforms
- Develop BSS/OSS/Portal plans and contribute to PMO integrated management schedule and roadmap
- Identify and understand issues, problems gathering data from various sources, forming conclusions, evaluate alternatives and solutions and choose a course of action.
- Build a cohesive and collaborative team
- Retain and acquire Talent by contributing to hiring, interviewing, training, appraising, rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Set high standards of performance for self and/or others; take accountability and monitor progress of self, others towards established objectives
- Establish relationship with team, stakeholders, leadership team and outside vendors for successful delivery and operations of BSS/OSS/Portal platform
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of DevOps leadership experience in the field of software architecture, design, development, testing, launch and operations of BSS/OSS & Digital platforms
- Sound functional knowledge of Telecoms; well versed with the applicability of latest standards (eTOM) to BSS/OSS/Portal domain & latest technology trends
- Experience in procurement of BSS/OSS COTS and/or in-house developed applications (hardware, software, & services) involving various commercial models in line with business priorities
- Experience with various delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile) for systems development lifecycle and ITIL
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of highly skilled technology professionals which will include but not limited to project managers, business analyst, developers, QA, and external vendor teams in end to end delivery and management of platform
- Proven experience in driving DevOps best practices into development teams for development and subsequent operations support
- Significant experience in capacity planning, resource management, and performance tuning.
- Proven management experience in contributing to organization’s strategic planning and budgeting
- Proven track record of controlling budgets and resource management for on-time delivery of engagements
- Proven experience in collaborating with other leaders (business, architecture, HR, finance, others) in an organization for successful delivery of BSS/OSS/Portal Platform
- Experience working with outside vendors for initial delivery of a system / sub-system and transitioning to in-house development team on successful completion of a launch / warranty phase
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical audiences including c-level executives
Must have the right to work in the EEA (European Economic Area)
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top