Director, Customer Service Center
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISPs, and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect two million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The purpose of the role is to ensure market leading Customer Service experience for Oneweb customers and lead the Customer Service Center (CSC) team within the Services function to achieve customer experience excellence. The Customer Service Center (CSC) is the primary point of contact for Oneweb customers who need support in case of a service disruption or a change request 24x7x365. The function will have dedicated staff offering multiple channels for customers to obtain assistance, typically by phone, voice mail, fax, e-mail, web chat, self-care etc.
The CSC will use all available tools and knowledge resources to resolve as many issues as possible at the first level. The CSC will also assess the urgency and impact of the issue and assign the appropriate priority for the request using an established priority criteria/model. Any issues that cannot be addressed within defined SLAs will be escalated the appropriate nth level support team for resolution. All customer contacts with the CSC (request fulfillments, complaints or Incident reports) will be tracked in the Contact Center tool. All Service Level Agreements applicable to the CSC will be tracked, monitored and reported using the guidelines/format designated by Oneweb. Customer satisfaction surveys will be used to assess overall satisfaction with the CSC function & Oneweb services.
The Head of Customer Service Center will act as the Oneweb Customer Champion (Voice of Customer) always listening to what customers need & ensure that the organization responds in the most effective way. Success will be measured through the NPS rating along with customer feedback. The individual will be responsible to ensure that the CSC staff is fully equipped and trained but can call upon the assistance of other subject matter experts, as needed. The person will operate & maintain an enterprise knowledge management process and tool to assist to provide consistent, high quality resolution to Incidents, problems, questions and requests.
- Customer NPS – customer satisfaction (CSAT) through market leading customer experience
- Attend regular operational & strategic reviews including customer reviews
- Continuous upskilling of the CSC employees driving performance through training & coaching
- Measurement and reporting of key KPIs through Customer Service dashboards
- Working closely with the Global Command Center (GCC) team resolve customer issues
- Working with Services Architect to design and implement the Customer Service process
- Owns the Customer Service process, its governance, with focus on continual improvement
- Identifies opportunities for improving the quality of services provided e.g. through automation of repeat manual activities
- Knowledge management and documentation
- Ensure highly integrated partnerships continually challenging the status quo
- Capacity, resource & budget planning and management
- Development, provisioning and ownership of all KPI and SLA reporting
- Recommendation for improving existing processes, capabilities, & customer lifecycle
- Day to day management of customer service center team to delivery customer satisfaction
- Recruitment and retention – build a positive team culture with high employee engagement
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Eng. degree – Master's degree preferred
- 12-15 yrs of technology experience including 6-8 yrs of Contact Center / Customer Service Center experience in a fast growing, multi-technology Telecom/Satellite/IT Ops
- Proven track record in delivering ambitious targets across operations and/or customer service
- Comfortable with a wide range of technologies (Networks, IT, WAN, 3G/4G, Packet Core, UT, Satellite etc.)
- Telecom experience is a must
- Strong project, time-management & follow-up skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Prior experience in a large, multi-national company with a global presence
- Disciplined, tactful, well-organized and self-motivated
- Excellent written & verbal & presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal & stakeholder management skills across functions, geographies & cultures
- Proven experience in navigating complex, networked organizations, creative problem solving and rational experimentation in a start-up environment
- Team player with excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, disciplined, analytical & ability to collaborate & work in cross-functional teams
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top