Director, Customer Onboarding
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISPs, and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect two million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous, on a global scale.
An effective, efficient onboarding process is key to meet customer expectations and facilitate future business growth at OneWeb. A smartly designed and executed on-boarding process will ensure customer satisfaction and increase service delivery efficiency, productivity while keeping costs to the minimum.
In order to on-board a customer successfully, the Customer onboarding team needs to collect the required data in order to set up the service and configure the various tools required for monitoring, billing and communications systems to support them. This data-gathering occurs in distinct phases of the sales lifecycle – Feasibility / Business Needs analysis, Detailed Technical Assessment, Provisioning, Training and Service Go-live.
The objective of the role is to implement a standardized and consistent Customer on-boarding process across Oneweb in order to deliver world class customer experience from transition into operations.
The individual will be instrumental in establishing a relationship with each assigned customer thereby converting customers in to OneWeb promoters.
The person will be working with customers to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving these goals. The person is expected to lead from the front minimizing customer escalations through proactive customer management and advocating customer needs/issues cross functionally in regular business reviews thereby converting customers into advocates.
- Manage the customer experience throughout all phases of the entire onboarding lifecycle including feasibility analysis, planning, provisioning, testing, training, Go-live and Early life support
- Sign off delivery readiness for customer onboarding
- Project management & Team leadership to ensure delivery of cost effective solutions on time
E2e delivery of standard solutions including early life support operational issues, where possible identifying opportunities to automate manual aspects of the process
- E2e design & management for delivery of all bespoke or non-standard/large/complex solutions (working with Services Architect & Commercial team)
- Oversees all aspects of testing including Customer Acceptance Testing, Operational Acceptance Testing
- Owns the Customer onboarding process, its governance, and focus on continual improvement
- Working with Services Architect to design, implement and own the customer onboarding process
- Working closely with Commercial team (Product, Sales and Marketing) to develop high quality solutions that expand, deepen and secure customer relationships
- Knowledge management and documentation of standard & bespoke solutions
- Development, provisioning and ownership of all KPI and SLA reporting
- Capacity, resource & budget planning and management
- Recommendation for improving existing products, delivery capabilities & customer lifecycle
- Customer satisfaction (CSAT) through consistent, seamless and predictable onboarding experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Eng. degree – Master's degree preferred
- 15+ yrs of technology experience including 6-8 yrs of Onboarding / Operations experience in multi-technology Telecom/Satellite/IT Ops
- Wide range of technology background across multiple technology stacks desired (Networks, IT, 3G/4G Core Network (Packet Core), WAN, Satellite etc.)
- Telecom experience is a must-have
- Strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial approach
- Strong Project & time-management skills
- Prior experience in a large, multi-national telecom company with global presence
- Disciplined, well-organized and self-motivated
- Excellent written, verbal & presentation skills
- Able to communicate technical information into business communications for the C-suite
- Strong interpersonal & stakeholder management skills across functions, geographies & cultures
- Proven experience in navigating complex, networked organizations, creative problem solving and rational experience in a start-up environment
- team player with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead virtual teams & stakeholders remotely
- Self-motivated, disciplined, analytical & significant contributor in cross-functional teams
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Back to top