Digital Product Owner (Business Solution Owner)
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast-growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is embarking on a major program to deliver market leading capability to create a greenfield global digital telco. We want people who will contribute to the company’s mission by leveraging their experience and expertise to make a difference. Our aim is to be the easiest company to do business with!
The program of work for establishing the BSS/OSS capability is sponsored by the CIO (Chief Information Officer). The CIO role in OneWeb has responsibility for driving the implementation and ongoing management of all the core technology systems and processes for running the customer, product, and service lifecycle.
The CIO also has responsibility for end-to-end architecture, core network, security, services, and cloud & IT.
Internally, the Digital Portfolio Owner is known as a Business Solution Owner (BSO), as they are the bridge between our commercial organization and technical delivery. They find technical solutions to drive our business forward so OneWeb can deliver market leading products that are easy to use in time for our commercial launch.
To deliver the breadth of technical capability needed to have a successful business launch, we have split our program into key value streams: concept to contract, order to activate, usage to cash, trouble to resolve, and analyse to improve. Our business solution owner will manage at the portfolio level by delivering a clear set of capabilities across multiple digital products.
The BSO will collaborate closely with Agile PMs, technical architects, and other BSOs to ensure that we meet our quarterly delivery cadence.
In this role our BSO will be responsible for:
- Translating the business strategy and expected capabilities into features, epics, and stories that are allocated to suitable digital products.
- Building deep understanding of business requirements, personas, user journeys, business processes, and customer experience.
- Leveraging knowledge of connected industries to design domain models that are simple to understand, highly functional, and simple to manage.
- Bringing the Digital First, Cloud First and Agile mindset to coach key stakeholders to problem solve in a way that reduces solution complexity and builds scalability.
- Developing and managing the program and solution backlogs for agile releases.
- Driving adherence to industry standards to reduce bespoke work and ease upgrades.
- Checking the quality to ensure the delivered solution meets requirements.
- Meet alpha, beta, customer trials and commercial launch milestones with capabilities that make OneWeb the easiest company to do business with!
- Build a first class, easily communicated and well understood portfolio across business value streams.
- Create a highly usable, simple and responsive system experience that can be built using Agile techniques in an incremental manner.
- Achieve a defect free and reliable orchestration of business processes that make it easy for our customers to do business with us.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong track record in a product owner role, working in distributed scaled agile teams.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, management and consulting skills to draw out the real business impacting needs.
- Pragmatism to collaborate and define items of most value and build a roadmap to deliver rich and usable capability in the quickest possible time.
- Technology and process transformation experience in one of the following industries: maritime, aviation or telecommunications.
- Extensive experience with complex business process modelling.
Back to top