OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. It’s high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The DevOps Engineer plays an integral role in the continuous integration/ continuous delivery of the Fleet Management Segment (FMS), the ground segment for the operation of the world’s largest satellite constellation. The successful candidate will drive robust and repeatable deployments, faster deployment frequency and shortened mean time to recovery in the FMS ground system software and infrastructure. This position will require working closely with the software development team, the infrastructure development team and the mission operations team. The DevOps Engineer is part of the FMS Integration and Test team.
The incumbent will provide support to operations during normal working hours with periodic shift support during critical satellite operations. This position will also periodically staff the on-call support rotation such that safe and efficient operations are ensured by the Spacecraft Operations Team on a 24/7 basis.
- Develop, maintain and improve a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) for delivering features, fixes and system updates in development, integration and production environments
- Perform release management Develop and maintain a continuous testing suite to validate deliverables and ensure quality
- Develop, maintain and improve real-time monitoring and metric development for the production environment to ensure high quality through early detection of issues
- Work closely with the product owners and external vendor vendors to ensure that the integrated FMS ground system supports the OneWeb mission.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development and/or DevOps
- Excellent programming ability with strong experience developing in Java, Bash, Perl, Python or equivalent
- Experience in automated deployment, installation and configuration of applications on Linux systems, including the development and improvement of the tools for doing so
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems such as Redhat or CentOS
- Extensive experience working with version control and repository management systems such as GIT
- Experience working with containerization approaches such as Docker DC/OS
- Experience with orchestration approaches such as Kubernetes, Mesos or equivalent
- Experience working with multiple small and medium sized project-based teams, in an iterative and collaborative manner
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with mission critical systems is highly desirable
- Knowledge of information assurance & security and computing infrastructure system technology including cloud computing architecture
- Bachelor of Science, BS in a Computer Science, Information System, or Engineering related field additional education and training through an advanced technical degree or continuous learning is highly desired
*No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top