Customer Onboarding Manager - Maritime & Enterprise
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfil our mission, OneWeb is revolutionising the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low-latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The mission of the Customer Onboarding function is to ensure customer (i.e. distribution partners) satisfaction and efficient service delivery through a standard, consistent, & smartly designed customer onboarding process and customised tools.
This customer-facing role is to ensure standardised and consistent onboarding processes are in place and implemented to deliver superior customer experience during the transition into operations stage in the Government industry market segment. At OneWeb, we want to ensure ease of doing business for our distribution partners and this role is central to making it a reality.
The role will be instrumental in establishing a relationship with each assigned distribution partner thereby converting them into active promoters of OneWeb services.
The onboarding manager shall collect the required information to set up the service and configure the various tools required for provisioning, monitoring, billing and communications systems to support them. This data-gathering occurs in distinct phases of the customer lifecycle: 1) Feasibility & business requirements analysis, 2) Detailed technical assessment, 3) Provisioning, 4) Training, and 5) User acceptance testing.
The candidate is expected to lead from the front minimising customer escalations through proactive customer management and advocating customer needs/issues cross-functionally in regular business reviews thereby converting distribution partners into advocates.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities Include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for developing and executing partner onboarding projects consisting of distribution partners & OneWeb stakeholders.
- Develop the onboarding plan and lead a high level of quality & process consistency to deliver superior customer experience throughout all phases of the entire onboarding lifecycle including feasibility analysis, planning, coordination, provisioning, training, and user acceptance testing.
- Liaise and coordinate with OneWeb stakeholders within relevant functional areas (Sales, Sales Engineering, Business Operations, Products, Billing, Service Delivery, User Terminal, Networks, Platform, Regulatory, System Engineering, HR, etc.) as needed to ensure milestones are met in a timely manner until completion.
- Understand distribution partners’ requirements as detailed in the agreement and its exhibits. Track & communicate the key deviations from the standard agreement & exhibits to the relevant OneWeb stakeholders for implementation in the required timeframe.
- Facilitate & coordinate e2e order and provisioning management including creation of new user accounts & profiles.
- Support and oversee distribution partner’s professional services teams in activities such as, site surveys, scope of work assessment, installation, commissioning planning, and user acceptance testing.
- Act as an escalation point for any problems encountered during the customer onboarding phase.
- Facilitate distribution partner training to a diverse category of personnel ranging from sales, pre-sales, technical and senior executives.
- Develop and comply with all internal KPIs for the onboarding phase.
- Provide recommendation for improving existing products, tools, processes, KPIs, & delivery capabilities based on lessons learned.
- Conduct Customer satisfaction surveys.
Required Core Competencies, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technology or Business discipline
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience including 2-3 years of Onboarding / Operations experience in either a Carrier / Telecommunications organisation or a domestic/international VSAT/Satellite service provider
- In-depth experience of & adept in operating CRM & workflow management systems e.g., Salesforce
- Partner relationship management / partner programme management experience
- Project/programme management experience
- Strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial approach
- Willing to adopt a hands-on approach
- Able to work independently and configure systems & tools with minimal support/supervision
- Project & time-management skills: disciplined, well-organised and self-motivated, analytical & significant contributor in cross-functional teams
- Excellent written, verbal & presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal & stakeholder management skills across functions, geographies & cultures
- Proven experience in navigating complex, networked organisations, creative problem solving and rational experimentation in a start-up environment
- Team player with an ability to lead virtual teams & stakeholders remotely
- Ability to work in London 3 days of the week if the candidate is not based in London.
- Ability to travel frequently to partner’s locations as required.
Highly Desired Knowledge, Experience, Certification:
- Technology background across any of the following technology stacks: SD-WAN, User Terminal, Telecom, TCP/IP, 3G/4G Core Network (Packet Core), etc.
- Project or programme management certification
- Familiarity with satellite systems deployed in the Maritime or Enterprise industry (Newtec, Hughes, iDirect, Comtech, Gilat)
- Familiarity with regulatory licensing/authorisation and certification process for hardware and/or frequency spectrum
- Familiarity with a second language
Back to top