At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISPs, and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect two million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Corporate Counsel position will provide advice and assistance to the Finance, Accounting, Tax, Human Resources and Regulatory teams on a variety of business issues. The position will also support the Corporate Secretary and corporate governance function. Critical thinking, problem-solving and excellent judgment are key qualities to achieve success in this role.
- Provide legal support for equity offerings, financing transactions, debt financing covenant compliance, due diligence and mergers and acquisition activities
- Draft, review and support GAAP and IFRS financial disclosure, periodic reporting requirements and annual audit
- Provide advice on corporate governance matters and support Corporate Secretary function
- Ensure compliance with shareholder equity agreements
- Review company policies and procedures
- Support HR on employment and compensation matters
- Assist with equity plan management function and ensure compliance with securities laws
- Work with business counterparts, both domestically and internationally, to identify and provide advice regarding legal risks and issues
- Assist senior members of the legal department with other legal needs of the company as necessary and contribute to the overall legal function
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of corporate generalist experience with a large law firm and/or in-house legal department; domestic and/or international experience in the telecom or space technology sector a plus
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school and valid state bar membership
- Pragmatic judgment, particularly in determining the significance of legal matters and effectively measuring and balancing legal and business risks
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Strong hands-on work ethic and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment assuming responsibility for assignments and meeting project deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with ability to synthesize complex legal issues to essential elements for internal clients
- Strong interpersonal skills, including positive attitude, diplomacy and flexibility
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Back to top