Capacity Planning Manager
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The objective of the role is to lead the OneWeb’s Capacity Planning and Optimization to meet changing demand, products roadmap and company strategy/revenue plans. The individual will be instrumental in establishing a relationship with all OneWeb relevant teams to ensure critical goals and services/product strategy are met.
- Manage the capacity allocation and planning scenarios based on business and market requirements. Optimize the system capacity resources based on commercial; technical and market consideration.
- Develop programs and process to capture internal and external customer capacity requirements and its optimization. Identify key milestones and initiatives to ensure services are delivered on time and according to specification.
- Lead capacity and service tool planning requirements.
- Follow through key initiatives related to capacity resources requirements and future planning in preparation for new services launch.
- Work closely with the all other relevant OneWeb departments to coordinate activities and deliverable and to ensure services are delivered as planned.
- Develop and track plans and metrics that meet company goals.
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline with at least 10 years related experience.
- Knowledge of satellite RF communications systems and IP Networking technologies.
- Expert knowledge of the telecommunications and technology industry. Comfortable with a wide range of technologies (Telecom, Networks, IT, WAN, 3G/4G, Packet Core, UT, Satellite etc.)
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required to maintain alignment across the organization and momentum on each opportunity.
- Demonstrated leadership experience being able to manage conflicts resolution across cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top