Associate Systems Engineer, System Architecture
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISPs, and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect two million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is in search of an entry level Systems Engineer to be part of the System Architecture and Engineering group. The group is responsible for providing global connectivity through the design and development of an end-to-end system architecture. The position will report to and work closely with the Director of System Architecture and Engineering. The Systems Engineer will work closely with other systems architects and segment level engineering teams to ensure that the system designed, implemented, and delivered meets all functional, business, and regulatory requirements.
....No visa sponsorship available for this position...
The Systems Engineer in the System Architecture and Engineering group will focus on the following aspects of the OneWeb System.
- Definition of the end-to-end System Architecture through close coordination with senior systems engineers in different departments who are developing multiple layers of the OneWeb architecture. The Systems Architecture includes:
- Communications/network architecture
- IP Services architecture
- IT security policy and architecture
- Operational support systems required to efficiently operate the OneWeb system
- Requirements development, documentation, and traceability, including:
- Work with senior engineers on the development of the end-to-end system Concept of Operations
- Work with senior engineers on the development and documentation of the Detailed System Design
- Supporting System Integration and Test (SI&T) activities
- Assist in maintaining the system configuration baseline and managing the configuration management (CM) process
- Over time, become the subject matter expert on the SW packages used in the systems engineering team such as Confluence and DOORS NG
- Assist and support the Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings by tracking the hot button technical issues and their resolution
- Other systems engineering duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be a new graduate with some exposure to complex systems development and systems engineering.
- Exposure to standard engineering design practices through class work or work experience
- Experience using engineering tools such as MATLAB highly desirable
- Advanced coursework in TCP/IP, routing and networking, digital and wireless communications, satellite communications, antenna theory, and telecommunications
- Exposure to the principles of mobile wireless technologies such as 3GPP/LTE
- A willingness to learn new technologies, processes, and systems
- A “can do” attitude
- Well-versed in the use of the Microsoft Office product suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering field, Master’s preferred
...No visa sponsorship available for this position...
Back to top