Part Time Student Happiness Engineer
Zendesk + Intercom + Qualaroo + Customer.io
One Month is looking for someone to make our students smile by answering their questions and solving their technical issues.
- Sharing coding knowledge and experience with our students in the community forum on a daily basis. Troubleshooting student code and machine setup across several courses. Our goal is average of 4 hour first response time. (This type of work will potentially involve learning new concepts and working through them to explain them to students.)
- Help with general email support (billing, account changes, etc) on an as needed basis dependent on load.
- Help us build systems (Chart.io or Otherwise) that allow us to answer questions about what our students are doing.
- Over 18 years of age
- Available 20 hours a week
- Eligible to work in the US
- Prefer NYC, Remote for experienced candidates
- Technical – Familiarity with terminology at least 3 web technologies (SQL, Rails, HTML, CSS, JS, GIT, Python, etc.).
- Comfortable speaking and presenting through screencasts.
- Analytical skills – can draw meaningful conclusions and insight from data .
- Empathetic towards beginning learners - Understanding what a momentous task learning new skills are and supporting our students through it. Our students will ask the same questions, over and over. They won’t always understand concepts as you explain them. But this is possibly the most integral part of this job.
- Proactive - If something is going to be a problem, you should feel confident and empowered to fix it, and work with the team to make processes & products better. If you figure out a way to improve our product, notes, or something else to help our students learn.
- Generally curious - Tell us what you are learning about? What are you excited about? How often do you get out of your comfort zone?
Back to top