Uganda Government Relations Analyst
Exceptional professional to lead our government relations work in Uganda and grow the scope of our government relations team.
Jinja or Kampala, Uganda with regular travel to Kamuli.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund’s program in Uganda has grown to serve 3,800 farmers in Kamuli and Jinja districts in two years. It is therefore necessary to further enhance our relationships with local and national governments. The analyst role will be based at our headquarters in Jinja or in Kampala, with frequent travel between all three locations. The successful applicant will work closely with our local government relations team to grow and enhance our government outreach to local and national government. The analyst will also work closely with the global government relations and policy team as outlined below.
- Coordinate the activities of two local government relations staff across multiple districts
- Deliver professional development trainings and mentoring for the local government team
- Regular communications with Uganda field and innovations teams and global government relations and policy team
- Build out and maintain One Acre Fund’s relationships with key agricultural sector actors at the national level, such as the Ministry of Agriculture, regulators, research institutions, donor programs, political allies, and the media
- Oversee high quality quarterly reports, field visits, and overall government outreach
- Interpret and explain policies and laws applicable to One Acre Fund field operations
- Support expansion of the program to further districts
- Research and analyze policy issues at local and national levels affecting the region's agricultural sector
- Support country policy initiatives including research, strategy development, and monitoring & evaluation
- Write policy briefs (i.e. white papers, blogs, and memos)
- Build expertise on regional agricultural policy issues (i.e. subsidy programs, extension, market access, regional economic trade, etc.).
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional East African professional with 2+ years of work experience, top international qualifications, and a demonstrated long-term career interest in international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences: Examples include a high-level professional work experience, or a successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a field program, leading a conference, starting a business etc.).
- Relationship-building and communications skills: We are looking for someone who is able to strike an appropriate balance between humility and confidence, speak intelligently about our program, and systematically manage relationships.
- Experience working with the public sector: This might include government institutions, research bodies or other public bodies with a focus on agriculture and rural development in Africa.
- Experience and interest in international development work: Ideally a minimum of one full year in a field-based role in East Africa.
- Top-performing undergraduate background: Please include GPA/School Marks or test scores in your resume
- Ability to operate autonomously and be a self-starter: A highly organised and disciplined, solution-oriented and creative individual is required as this role mostly involves remote working.
- Languages: Fluent in English
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top