Training and Recruitment Specialist
Exceptional professional with an interest in working with people and a passion for development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Training and Recruitment Specialist will report to the Head of the People Department at One Acre Fund Tanzania. Their primary role will be to run the day-to-day operations of our training department, which includes facilitating an internal training program for the professional development of our staff. The position also involves supporting recruitment activities, leading weekly Team Meetings, and supporting our Human Resources department in an ombudsman capacity. The Specialist will likely spend about 60% of their time on training, 30% of their time on recruitment, and 10% of their time supporting Human Resources.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess staff needs and build a training plan for 2017
- Assist in building a tool that will assess the development needs of One Acre Fund Tanzania staff
- Assist in evaluating assessment results and identifying greatest areas of need
- Contribute to building a training plan that responds to evaluation results
- Facilitate staff trainings and professional development opportunities
- Find or create resources for implementing staff training and development strategies
- Prepare training and development materials and deliverables
- Facilitate trainings and development initiatives
- Follow up after trainings to ensure retention and gage progress
- Cultivate a Tanzanian career network with strong job publication venues, including but not limited to:
- Working with top universities to gain access to their potential candidates
- Attending job fairs and recruitment conferences
- Connecting with potential candidates online and in person
- Seeking out and advertising on job boards
- Seeking out any venues that might lead to increasing the quality and quantity of our pool of applicants for all positions at One Acre Fund
- Working closely with our international Recruitment Department
- Support the Human Resources Department
- Act as the ombudsman for Human Resources; receive and respond to internal complaints in a confidential and professional manner
- Coordinate and facilitate our weekly Team Meetings
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking a candidate with strong work experience and a strong educational experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Exceptionally strong oral communication skills; should be comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people
- Advanced written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and a willingness to engage with staff and potential candidates
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Ideally will have some international experience or education
- Strong organizational skills
- Emotionally intelligent and patient with others
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic attitude
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
NSSF, 15% Housing Stipend, Work/Airtime Expense Stipend
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top