Tanzania Project Specialist
Exceptional professionals with 1 to 3 years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for development work. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
As a rapidly growing organization, we are constantly innovating and improving our internal operational processes. Project Specialists will play a key role in running discreet projects to drive this innovation and process improvement. Potential focus areas for Project Specialists include: Field Operations, New Product Development, Human Resources, and M&E.
Project Specialists will own portions of projects, including managing discrete components of field trials or managing a team running field activities in rural East Africa. This role has the potential to grow into a Program Associate or Department Head position with good performance. A few example projects are listed below:
- New product innovation: Designing several configurations of a harvest storage product and farmer training, testing it with a few hundred farmers, and scaling up the most promising product.
- Livestock product development: Overseeing a collection of innovation trials centered on a livestock product offering for our clients, including both research station trials and farmer field trials.
- M&E: Designing and implementing components of our annual core program impact measurement.
- Human Resources: Designing and managing operational controls around our HR processes for our rapidly growing team of nearly 1,500 full time staff.
- Training: Designing and implementing assessment and evaluation tools for a range of training programs across our operation.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Project Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 1 to 3 years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for development work. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work Experience: Candidates should have 1-3 years of strong work experiences, including project management, team management, or entrepreneurial experiences. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative, results-driven environment.
- Leadership: We are looking for candidates with demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Examples of demonstrated leadership experience include managing a team or initiating a new project.
- Education: Strong undergraduate background at top East African university or international university. Degrees in agriculture, business, management, social sciences, community development, or related fields preferred.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Other Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Intermediate or better typing speed.
- Language: English and Swahili required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top