Tanzania Leadership Positions
Exceptional professionals with 2-5 years of work experience to serve in a position that combines both field and management experience.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund began in Tanzania in 2013 is now one of the fastest-growing countries of operation. Our vision for 2020 is to serve more than 100,000 farm families. To transition into a mature operation, we need high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Tanzania team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of thousands of farm families.
We are currently seeking a variety of leadership positions on our Tanzania team, including:
- Business Operations Lead Associate
- Agricultural Commerce Lead Associate
- Professional Development Lead Associate
- People Operations Lead Associate
- In-Country Expansion Lead Specialist
- Agro-dealer Merchandizing Lead Specialist
- Infrastructural Development Lead Associate
- Financial Services Lead Associate
- Monitoring & Evaluation Lead Associate
- Sourcing and Coordination Specialist
On a day-to-day basis, nearly all roles involve a mix of activities:
- Understanding and solving problems: observing field operations, meeting with leaders of our field staff , running surveys, conducting desk research, analyzing KPIs, etc. Then creating simple and lasting solutions to complex problems.
- Planning and executing large projects: identifying clear goals, creating project calendars, designing workflows, creating field tools and talking points, designing incentive systems and understanding stakeholders, following up and monitoring project execution in the field, etc.
- Building teams: hiring staff using One Acre Fund’s unique “experiential hiring” system, mentoring key deputies, and steadily handing off responsibility to your team as you build it.
- Communicating with other teams: working in coordination with One Acre Fund’s other teams on the ground to execute a smooth customer experience in the simplest way possible.
One Acre Fund has deep operational experience running rural field programs at a scale of 1,000+ full-time staff per country. Our new team members benefit from this past experience, quickly building their skill-set through immersion in our operating environment. At the same time, the main role of these leadership positions is to accelerate growth and to constantly stretch and improve our operations. This presents an excellent career opportunity to both learn from One Acre Fund’s accumulated experience and constantly improve and enable 40%+ program growth per year.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2 to 5+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include final grade/marks/GPA).
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: English fluency required; Kiswahili a plus.
- Ability to cook/laugh – desirable.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
Back to top