Systems Project Specialist
Exceptional professional with 1-2 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Systems Division at One Acre Fund Malawi is a collection of operations support functions including Logistics, Customer Engagement, Procurement, IT & Print, as well as Audit and Investigations. It works to (re)design and execute the processes necessary to keep up with program change, growth, and innovation.
We place a heavy emphasis on both execution and staff growth and development. We offer mentored stretch-projects to all staff because we believe that growth comes through practice.
We are looking for individuals with great leadership potential and a knack for improving systems and turning things on their head. In this position, you will be challenged to think strategically while building your people and consultation management skills. As a Systems Project Specialist, your role will include:
- Overseeing our Logistics and Procurement departments.
- Managing, mentoring and backstopping staff within these departments.
- Coordinating closely with our global Logistics, Financial Advisory Services & Scale Innovations Divisions and rolling out global policies and projects.
- Identifying, planning and implementing strategic projects for these departments.
- Supporting Systems Lead in pushing forward initiatives to “Build Team” and “Effectiveness”.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 1-2 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences (private or public sector). Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Experience in operations management a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills Strong analytical skills – Candidates with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics encouraged to apply
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Health insurance, housing and phone allowance as well as access to our cross-country Professional Development Program.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top