Strategy and Operations Analyst
Kigali, Rwanda (with frequent travel to Rubengera)
We are looking for a Strategy & Operations Analyst to work on short-term projects across functions to rapidly solve problems and drive key initiatives forward. This is a full-time career-track role within One Acre Fund Rwanda’s Strategy Unit. The role therefore includes exposure to high level strategy, working in a variety of departments and functions, and getting into the field.
The ideal candidate is eager to learn and question, balancing keeping an open mind with “getting stuff done.” While the best part of the role is that no day will be the same, the role is structured as follows:
- 3-6 month support on critical projects: Strategy & Operations Analysts will spend 70-80% of their time on a challenging business problem. They will need to quickly understand the context, structure the problem, gather and analyze data, propose a solution, and potentially execute. This requires a lot of collaboration with other teams. Here are some example projects:
- by working with external stakeholders, analyzing how clients will repay over multiple years, and identifying and solving logistical problems
- by analyzing costs and processes to ensure we have critical inputs for farmers
- by working with our Field team to revamp performance and incentives
- Ongoing initiatives and quick projects: The remaining 20-30% of the Strategy & Operations Analyst's time will be managing ongoing initiatives or responding to quick requests from our Country Director. An example of an ongoing project could be planning our quarterly all department leadership meeting (figuring out the agenda, how to make it engaging, and how to communicate a strategy update). A quick request could be conducting research that will go to a partner or external stakeholder.
Longer-term, there will be opportunities to lead increasingly large initiatives or join/lead a department you are supporting.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are looking for truly extraordinary professionals who will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career–track role. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences: we are targeting former management consultants or people with similar experience quickly getting up to speed on a project, working across functions, and solving problems. We also look for leadership experiences, at or outside of work, particularly in roles that demonstrate relationship management and driving results on a variety of project types.
- Technical skills: advanced proficiency in Excel. Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA, Access) is a plus.
- Humility: in everything One Acre Fund does, we put farmers first. In ICT, we do this by approaching our work and individual professional growth with humility, efficiency, and compassion.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years: this is a long-term, career–track role. The ideal candidate will have had experience working in an emerging market, although this is not required.
- Language: English required; French/Kinyarwanda a bonus
Preferred Start Date
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
Back to top