Senior Analyst to the President - US
Exceptional early-career professional with 3-5+ years' work experience and strong interest in international development, fundraising, and business development.
Washington, DC (preferred) or New York
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
One Acre Fund is looking for an exceptional Senior Analyst to join our Business Development team and support the work of the President of One Acre Fund USA. The candidate should be a highly organized team player ready to work with our writing, finance, and compliance teams to manage new and existing grants. Responsibilities will include:
- Research and writing: Support the President of One Acre Fund USA with in-depth research and writing tasks. These tasks will include writing briefs on potential new donor groups to pursue, performing research on strategic speaking opportunities for One Acre Fund staff, drafting and assembling materials for donor meetings, and assisting with grant-writing from time to time.
- Analysis: A project might be a benchmarking of the organizational structures and funding strategies of peer nonprofits or the development of a multi-year budget projecting revenues and expenses for a One Acre Fund agricultural product or country.
- Presentation development: The Senior Analyst will help the President of One Acre Fund USA assemble a variety of presentations – for the top social entrepreneurship conferences, internal board meetings, top global foundation and bilateral funder pitches, internal retreats, etc. The analyst will work hand-in-hand with the President of One Acre Fund USA to create a storyline, conduct research and analysis, and compose a compelling set of materials.
- General administrative support: The Senior Analyst will be tasked with providing general administrative support to the head of the fundraising department, including managing correspondence, calendars, travel arrangements, and meeting and interview logistics.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are looking for someone with a sharp business mind (e.g., former management consultant or similar professional), strong interpersonal and communication skills, and an abiding commitment to our value of humbly serving farmers.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3-5 years of work experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Speaks the language of business. We are not necessarily seeking a traditional fundraiser, as this is not a traditional fundraising role. Our donors are looking for someone with business fluency (communicates in financial sustainability, return on investment, impact per donor dollar, etc.).
- Strong writing skills. Please attach two writing samples to your application form.
- Management consulting or similar professional services experience preferred.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in international development or the social sector more broadly.
- Values fit. We put a high premium on values. We want someone who has a true service orientation and humility – someone that puts our farmers before themselves.
- People-orientation. We are seeking someone who wants to spend their day building relationships with people by pursuing referrals, attending conferences and networking events, etc.
- Willingness to travel. This role will have approximately 20-40 nights per year of travel, half or more international. The travel commitment may diminish as we hire suitable staff in other continents, and dates of travel are highly flexible.
- Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance in our group plan, 401k match, and 529 education fund matching contributions.
Back to top