Senior Analyst to the Managing Director - US
Exceptional early-career professional with 3-5+ years' work experience and strong interest in international development, strategy and research, and business / partner development
New York/Philadelphia, within initial onboarding period in East Africa
Minimum 2 year commitment, full-time job
One Acre Fund is looking for an exceptional individual based in New York or Philadelphia, with ability to travel between the two, to join our fast-growing US team. One Acre Fund US serves as the resource engine for our field program – providing the talent, money, and opportunities that have enabled 50% per year growth in the farm families we’ve reached and impact we’ve generated for the past 3 years.
One Acre Fund’s US Managing Director coordinates the six global support functions that operate out of the US, manages One Acre Fund’s global boards, manages a portfolio of critical donor and partner relationships, and represents One Acre Fund in a variety of external contexts. The Senior Analyst will report directly to the US Managing Director, providing research, strategy, and analytic support across this range of responsibilities, with the potential to grow into a Chief of Staff.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of successfully managing a large scope in a fast-paced environment (management consulting preferred), providing the highest-value strategic support to senior decision-makers. This person also possesses a deep understanding of, experience in, and passion for international development and social sector work. The candidate should be a team player ready to work across several departments and manage multiple complex projects under tight deadlines. Responsibilities will include:
- Strategy: Support the US Managing Director with in-depth research and writing tasks on topics of the highest strategic importance to the US and entire organization. Examples include creating a global enterprise risk management framework for the organization and developing an alumni engagement strategy. The Senior Analyst will also be able to present research and insights in clear, concise written and oral briefings for senior leadership.
- Business/ partner development support: Assist the US Managing Director in managing top donor and partner relationships. Sample projects could include preparing meeting briefs with prospects, assembling tailored presentations for high-value external meetings, and executing key actions following such meetings.
- US Leadership Council support: One Acre Fund US is governed by a (currently) five-person leadership council of our senior-most functional leaders. The Senior Analyst will help prepare for leadership meetings, track action items and execute on key deliverables that will drive productivity and collaboration across all US-based departments.
- Governing Board support: Develop (and coordinate others to develop) materials for quarterly board meetings, managing logistics, and attending board meetings, where the highest level of strategic conversations take place with our senior leaders and advisors.
- General administrative support: Provide general administrative support to the US Managing Director, including managing correspondence, calendars, travel arrangements, and meeting and interview logistics.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3-5+ years of work experience and demonstrated experience in the social sector and international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- High-performing professional experience (e.g., management consulting or similar).
- Excellent undergraduate academic performance
- Graduate degree in a relevant field, especially MBA, preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in international development and the social sector.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications, especially with executive audiences. Of particular value is an ability to summarize complex information clearly and concisely.
- Flexibility – someone who is able to juggle multiple projects and change priorities as new projects arise.
- Values fit. We put a high premium on values. We want someone who has a true service orientation and humility – someone that puts our farmers before themselves.
- Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance in our group plan, 401k match, and 529 education fund matching contributions.
Sponsor International Candidates
Back to top