Senior Analyst to the CFO
An exceptional professional with 3-7 years of experience to provide support to the CFO and drive the Finance team's key strategic initiatives.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund is looking for a professionally mature, highly motivated, and proactive individual to serve as Senior Analyst to the CFO. Acting as the right-hand of the CFO, this role requires a person with strong project management, communication, and financial analysis skills, the ability to work effectively with a range of internal partners, and the strategic acumen and intellectual ability to advance various strategic initiatives. The senior analyst will have great exposure to the inner-workings of one of the world's leading social enterprises and receive mentorship and coaching that will help accelerate their career in the social sector.
Typical tasks will include:
- Push strategic initiatives. Work closely with the CFO to identify and drive key strategic initiatives like cost-savings strategies and proposals on Social Return on Investment monitoring.
- Act as the Finance team's eyes and ears. Consolidate the Finance team's Key Performance Indicators and project status updates. Send weekly briefings on team-wide initiatives and propose process improvements based on weekly KPIs.
- Provide people support: Lead recruitment, onboarding, and trainings for the Finance team. Support performance reviews, keep the Finance org-chart and roles-and-responsibilities up to date. Coordinate with the Global People Operations Team.
- Perform one-off financial analysis: Perform a variety of detailed and accurate analyses like looking at employee travel costs by country, summarizing your findings in an easy-to-use one-page report, and proposing three concrete actions to improve efficiency.
- Coordinate strategy meetings: Curate and facilitate Senior Team meetings and strategy sessions. Identify appropriate priorities for the team to discuss at leadership meetings. Prepare briefing packages, debrief materials and follow-up communications.
- Develop presentations: Assemble presentations for the Board of Directors, internal trainings, investor meetings, etc. Work hand-in-hand with the CFO to lay out a storyline, conduct research and analysis, and pull together a compelling set of materials.
- General administrative support: Provide general administrative support, including managing correspondence, calendars, travel arrangements, meeting and interview logistics, etc.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3-7 years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Ability to quickly comprehend large amounts of information, summarize it in a simple way, and then use that information to solve complex problems
- Serious interest in professional development and an earnest approach receiving feedback and looking for learning opportunities
- Proven commitment to humble service and the desire to positively impact the lives of farmers
- 3-7 years of strong work experience in a fast-paced, execution-focused professional setting
- Passion for juggling numerous projects and remaining organized
- Clear verbal and written communication required
- Strong technical skills in Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background
- Attention to detail
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance.
Health insurance, 401k contribution, flexible work environment.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top