Rwanda Program and Support Intern
Wanted - Program Intern (Various Departments, Kigali and Karongi District)
Ambitious university student or recent graduate with interest in social enterprise, agriculture, microfinance or development to assist our teams to change the lives of smallholder farmers across East Africa.
Kigali OR Karongi District
January to March 2017
One Acre Fund TUBURA is looking to place a cohort of interns in several departments beginning January 2017. For twelve weeks, interns will complete high level and impactful projects, receive mentorship from organizational leaders and provide support to One Acre Fund/TUBURA’s operations.
Interns will be given substantial work assignments and asked to produce high quality deliverables. Some of the possible placements include.
- Finance – Support our team with year-end audit activities
- Monitoring and Evaluation – Oversee a farmer survey. Collect and analyze data and help draft a report.
- Inputs – Support our procurement team on a number of projects.
- Innovations – Conduct a research project on the impact of a potential new products for our clients.
Interns will be valued members of the One Acre Fund family. We ask all staff to take a “Farmers First” attitude and approach their work with humility. Projects may change with the needs of the organization.
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills- even at the intern level. Your manager will invest time in your professional development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and a final performance review upon completion of the internship period. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to help develop the skills that would put you on your desired career track.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for five competitive internship positions. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional recent college graduates or students with at least two years of university coursework completed (i.e. third year/Junior status).
- Strong work experiences. Examples include summer jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school.
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA on your application).
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund TUBURA’s work in Rwanda
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda required, French preferred
January 3, 2017
This is a paid internship. Interns will be provided with a modest stipend for the duration of their twelve week contract. Top performing interns may be offered a full-time position.
Complete the Application Form linked on our website here by October 31st, 2016. It is not necessary to submit a cover letter or CV.
As part of the application process, candidates will be required to complete written assessments, a phone interview and in-person interview at our offices in Kigali or Karongi district. Final selection will be made in December 2016.
Back to top