Rwanda Procurement Project Specialist
Exceptional professional with at least two years of experience in and a passion for procurement and supply chain. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Kigali with frequent travel around Rwanda
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Rwanda Procurement team is responsible for over $800,000 in spend each year across over 1,000 transactions and is responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 100,000 smallholder farmers. We are seeking a team lead to manage the Rwanda Procurement team, architect standardized processes, implement with sustained quality improvements, and drive 5% of purchasing cost out of the system.
You will coordinate across teams at One Acre Fund Rwanda to maintain the consistent flow of purchasing information and ultimately deliver a world class purchasing department at the feet of our 100,000+ farmers across rural Rwanda.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Project Specialist will include:
- Team Management
- Mentoring a 3-person procurement team
- Coaching purchasers to identify high quality, high level suppliers and how to negotiate for best pricing and terms
- Working with multi-national staff and suppliers
- Identifying opportunities to grow the team and working with manager on recruitment of strong local talent
- Defined Processes and Team Vision
- Setting up procurement mechanisms and systems by incorporating procurement best practices and identifying strong, long-term supplier relationships
- Mapping out current procurement practices on the Rwanda team to identify and implement cost- and time-saving improvements.
- Implementing standardized practices to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer service
- Set a 0-6 month vision for the procurement team to realize 5% cost savings across items, communicate realistic lead times to requestors, and deliver with 95% accuracy in quality and timeliness
- Manage Day-to-Day Execution
- Coordinating across teams to evaluate Quality Assurance measures and implement best practices
- Triaging requests as they come in to assess lead times and project possible delays and challenges
- Running quarterly forecasting activities across teams to come up with a quarterly procurement plan
- Maintaining accurate procurement data in the google tracking tools and SAP system
- Working closely with logistics teams to minimize delivered costs
- Working closely with other internal teams to reduce overall spend
- Maintaining and improving procurement process transparency
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement and supply chain. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required
- At least 2 years of people or project management experience at work or outside of work
- Some experience in procurement/supply chains strongly preferred
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
- Able to independently structure analyses related to procurement subject matter
- A passion for world class customer service
- Strong communication skills with suppliers, reports, peers and management
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Strong computer skills in at least Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, experience using SAP preferred
- Top-performing academic background
- Language: Fluent in English required, French preferred
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Transportation and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top