Rwanda Innovations Project Specialist
Exceptional professional with 2-5 years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Innovations team runs trials on promising products and services that have the potential to be included in TUBURA’s regular product line. Trials run by the innovations department have resulted in a long list of additions to our Core program: new types of fertilizer, seed, planting techniques, educations, and household products like solar panels and cookstoves.
One Acre Fund is looking for an exceptional person to oversee the management of multiple product trials at a particular phase of R&D. The candidate may manage:
- Work to understand the needs of TUBURA clients to add potential products and initiatives to the future innovation pipeline;
- Station led trials to judge the potential for scalability and financial impact of a long list of products;
- Smaller farmer facing side-by-side or randomized control trials (RCTs) to precisely judge a product’s financial impact or;
- Larger district wide trials with the goal of integrating a product into TUBURA’s core program
The specialist would oversee the management of multiple teams of managers and officers, handling team performance, capacity building and team growth in order to drive trialed products through initial implementation, trialing, analysis, report, and roll-out.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre trial
- Conduct in depth interviews and surveying of client population, along with rigorous desk research and modeling to understand potential areas where TUBURA might create financial impact for its clients through products, services, and educations and other behavior change initiatives
- Create surveys, run focus groups, and conduct client interviews to understand the complexities behind a potential product, assess its potential risks, complexities and its potential for impact in a holistic manner
- Trial planning
- Select viable products for trialing through comparative analysis of potential impact
- Design complex impact models to accurately judge the financial, environmental, and health impact of promising products
- Create the teams necessary to carry out trials through the hiring of innovation officers and managers
- Produce excellent tablet surveys using Commcare Software (training available)
- Use the client roster to randomly select clients for NPS surveys
- Trial implementation
- Oversee trial managers to drive the trial towards success, collecting clean and useful data
- Verify data entry quality and accuracy with regular follow up
- Organize and execute capacity development and trainings where necessary
- Conduct systematic data cleaning – consistent identification of possible errors or outliers to be followed up on
- Conduct systematic data audits in the field, guaranteeing data quality from the moment of collection
- Trial Analysis and Reporting
- Insure excellent organization of all databases, and insure easy access to the most recent versions
- Analyze data to create a final report and recommendation to TUBURA on whether the trialed product or service should be sold to TUBURA clients
- Roll out
- Assist in the roll-out of successfully trialed products by overseeing their integration into regular TUBURA logistics, data tracking, and operations systems.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2-5 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A command of trial design using scientific methods
- Data management and analysis skills, familiarity with data analysis programs (Excel, Stata, R, Commcare)
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top