Rural Retail Associate/Manager
Two early-career professionals with 2+ years work experience to serve in roles that combine both field and management experience in East Africa.
Split between Kigali and Rubengera, Rwanda after 3-6 months of orientation.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
The Agrodealer program in Rwanda generates an estimated 3.5 million dollars of farmer impact annually by selling inputs on credit to local Agrodealer shops. As the program is located within the highly competitive private sector for inputs supply in Rwanda, the Agrodealer Operations role is ideally suited for highly entrepreneurial individuals who want to make a difference to rural poor while also operating a successful business. We are looking for an exceptional individual to manage and develop this AGD network to improve our ability to make Rwandan farmers more prosperous.
The Rural Retail Associate/Manager will:
- Grow our business: You will have direct ownership of our input sales and customer service strategy (making decisions on price, geographical expansion, priority customers, etc) and will oversee implementation of the strategy.
- For example, you may be tasked with creating both demand and supply of inputs in rural areas that are currently under-supplied by the private sector.
- Improve our operations processes: Managing a multi-million dollar business requires strong systems to manage orders, deliveries, sales and payments. Our ideal candidate is ready to take immediate responsibility for analyzing our current processes for weaknesses and designing improvements.
- For example, you may be asked to create a detailed process map of how orders pass from our customers to our warehouses. You would then be asked to design improvements to speed this process up by a day.
- Grow our team: You will have overall responsibility for a team of 20 field staff and managers. You will mentor our senior AGD management team of 2 – 3 people to develop their leadership, critical thinking and management skills.
- This includes having weekly check ins with your staff, preparing skills-building trainings for them, and providing deep mentorship during field visits.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Entrepreneurial and/or systems background: We seek candidates who are comfortable in pushing sales, getting to grips with complex processes and performing high-level numerical analysis of program success.
- Drive to results: Demonstrated capacity for moving projects forward in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Strong work experiences: Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, significant extra-curricular achievement whilst at University). We look for leadership experience inside and outside of work.
- Academic achievement: Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA and test scores on your resume).
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to live outside of a capital city, close to our customers for at least two years - this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Language- English required.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
Back to top