Program Design Specialist
Exceptional professional with a passion for international development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Program Design Strategy Specialist will be responsible for various projects to help design the most data-driven and effective scaling our program possible. Specific projects include management of scouting new areas for expansion each year, working with systems teams to standardize and improve the way that we redraw district lines in our program, and owning data collection projects to answer key strategy questions. The right applicant for this position will have great computer skills, strong project planning, a willingness to learn and take feedback, the ability to meet a deadline with polished work, self-motivation, and strong critical thinking skills
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and Implementation of key strategy research initiatives (focus groups, surveys, etc
- Collaboration with systems teams to improve key functions and allow us to grow at scale
- Own discreet projects within the Expansion Working Group to support PGD team on healthy growth (ex: coordinate GPS tagging of all new sites for Input Delivery)
- Coordination of scouting to plan for effective outward expansion (data collection, working with Gov’t Relations, making recommendations)
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with a passion for international development. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- A degree is required for this position
- Ability to identify a challenge, diagnose why it is occurring, and come up with appropriate solutions to address the challenge.
- Willingness to ask questions, raise challenges, and accept/respond to feedback.
- Proactive, can-do attitude with a high degree of humility & willingness to go above & beyond.
- Comfort pointing out challenges observed and an ability to give clear, direct and professional feedback. Ability to communicate knowledge effectively in group discussion forums.
- Ability to represent One Acre Fund professionally, synthesize our objectives in all external relationships, and hold external partners accountable.
- Ability to understand objectives of a project, translate those objectives into actionable strategies, define timelines and implement strategies, and assess if objectives were achieved.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Google Drive.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top