Product Support and Distribution Specialist
Exceptional professional with work experience in logistics or operational support and a demonstrated passion for international development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Product Support & Distribution Specialist will play a key role in coordinating, planning and executing deliveries throughout the 2017 season. This includes helping facilitate and actively contributing to distribution planning meetings and following up on tasks with respective stakeholders. This team member will also assist in the coordination of training of Field Staff on all matters related to distributions throughout the season. During actual distribution, the Specialist shall serve in a coordinating capacity across all teams to ensure that the process goes smoothly in the field.
In addition, the Specialist will also manage the Product Warranty Team, which services warranty and after-sales service for all non-agricultural products. This will involve building capacity of the individual members within the team, compiling metrics on warranty replacement execution and evaluating improvements to existing processes. They shall also play a key role in responding to any product issues reported from clients or staff during and after input distribution.
The specific duties of the Product Support & Distribution include the following:
During the 2016 season, we served 210,000 clients with more than 75 unique products and over 15 million KGs of inputs being distributed. We take pride in that we distributed these items directly to farmers (almost to their doorstep!) This was an operation that required a huge amount of hard work and close coordination across multiple teams and departments. With more clients in 2017 and more inputs to deliver, this is going to be an even more challenging and exciting undertaking, and one in which the Product Support & Distribution Specialist is expected to be fully engaged in throughout the season.
The main function of the Product Support and Distribution Specialist would be to act as key liaison for the Field Team in coordinating Operational support teams (such as Logistics and Business Operations) on all field-facing activities during all distributions. This entails:
- Helping facilitate the planning and execution meetings and in addition, coordinate with stakeholders in following up on specific tasks as required (e.g. facilitating the confirmation of client input orders in conjunction with the Business Operations team; working with Logistics to create and finalize schedule of truck fleet used during deliveries in conjunction with the Field Team etc.)
- Coordinating distribution trainings throughout the season (create and update training materials, facilitate trainings and reviews in advance of each delivery with the relevant teams).
- Overseeing the collation, compiling and publishing of performance and execution metrics collected during input distributions across all stakeholders involved in the distribution process.
- Coordinating with the Field and Operational support teams (Logistics, Business Operations) to ensure distribution and returns from Field go smoothly
- Triaging and resolving input issues reported by clients, in conjunction with Operational support teams.
We facilitate warranty coverage for our solar products and cookstove units. More than 180,000 products were under warranty during the 2016 season and with products having valid warranties across multiple seasons, warranty support is a complex and challenging engagement. In coming seasons, this is bound to be even more complicated given our current rate of growth and complexity of products (e.g. in the 2017 season, we shall be distributing a pay-as-you-go solar product that requires codes for activation).
Our Product Support & Distribution Specialist would be expected to play a driving role in managing the warranty product team as well as coming up with and driving forward innovations to improve our warranty processes. Specifically, this would entail:
- Day to day management of a growing Product Warranty Team (this is a team of 5 people working across two provincial headquarters – will require periodic travel between HQs).
- Oversee serial number data collection and processing for product activation and warranties (this would be for all products but specific focus on the new PAYGO solar product)
- Compile, publish and evaluate performance and execution metrics for warranty replacement process (replacements take place on a weekly basis. More than 180,000 products eligible covered under warranty across multiple districts and over different years)
- Propose, implement and evaluate improvements to current warranty replacement procedures
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. The Product Support & Distribution Specialist will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- A bachelor’s degree is required for this position with strong demonstrated previous work experience. Any experience in Logistics, Supply Chain Management and/or Database Management (such as using Roster) are highly preferred.
- Well-organized with demonstrated experience managing projects with high degree of complexity and detail
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Ability and demonstrated experience to work under pressure, producing quality work with little supervision
- High proficiency in computer skills, with demonstrated experience using complex functions in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience working in a complex organization effectively with examples of leadership in that environment, including strong skills in relationship building and management within organizations
- Willingness to ask questions, comfort pointing out challenges or mistakes and an ability to give clear, direct and professional upward feedback
- Language: English required, Swahili recommended
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top