Product Innovations Project Specialist
Exceptional professional with experience in product design and/or marketing and a passion for international development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Project Specialist will work closely with Product Innovations (PI) leadership on design, planning, execution and analysis of trial products in the “Phase 3” stage. These trials aim to assess farmer adoption of a product when offered for sale as part of the farmer’s One Acre Fund loan package. This phase also assesses marketing, logistics, procurement, and general systems challenges. Phase 3 trials are the final assessment before offering the product to over 24,000 smallholder farmers. This role is crucial in offering farmers the most impactful products at scale. The position requires at least 30-40% time observing and supervising field activities with the remaining time spent planning, calendaring, coordinating with other departments, creating materials, analyzing results, and preparing reports or recommendations. This position will be responsible for the professional development of staff in a growing team. The selected candidate will work with leadership to prepare and plan trials, conduct targeted field follow up, and provide actionable recommendations based on analysis to drive organizational decision-making and product offerings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 2) Support to Product Innovations leadership on project design and planning, including
- Calendaring of activities, deadlines, and decision points for trials
- Drafting field-facing materials and staff talking points for trial products
- Design data collection plan and key performance indicators based on trial objectives
- Plan staffing needs for trials
- 1) Oversee execution of trials in the field, including
- Tracking of key performance indicators for trial progress and staff performance
- Trouble shooting challenges
- Carefully planning all activities in advance to ensure a predictable and steady flow of activity
- 4) Data analysis and reporting to support decision making, including
- Designing databases for key performance indicator tracking
- Creating data visualizations (graphs, charts, etc.) to communicate meaningful findings
- Drafting reports to provide clear, succinct analysis and recommendations based on trial objectives and next steps
- 3) Management of team
- Weekly check-ins with staff, supporting them on task prioritization and planning
- Developing professional development plans for senior staff and holding them accountable to those plans
- Tracking performance of staff to identify potential challenges
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff. One Acre Fund is committed to professional development; in this position you will receive on-the-job training to cultivate relevant skills in leadership, management and analysis.
- Graduate of 4-year university (mandatory)
- Graduate degree (preferred)
- Personal or professional experience with agronomy and rural livelihoods (preferred)
- 2-5 years practical experience working on project management, including preferred experience with:
- Managing project calendars
- Writing trainings for field-based staff
- Drafting surveys for field data collection
- Data analysis leading to specific recommendations
- Report writing based on clear objectives
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Comfort and sensitivity working in a multicultural environment that spans six countries and two continents
- Proven ability to teach/mentor others
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Integrity in use of One Acre Fund resources
- Open to feedback, willing to admit mistakes and learn from them
- Fluent Business and Conversational English
- Ability to live and work in Iringa and/or Mbeya regions
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top