People Operations Intern
Enthusiastic college student or recent college graduate with interest in social enterprise and international development to assist our People Operations team in New York.
New York City
January 2017-May 2017
The People Operations team is seeking strong candidates for an internship in our New York office. This position will assist in allow a student to work in a professional setting for a growing social enterprise. It will primarily focus on the systems and structures that need to be in place to support a global field team.
- Prospective candidate searches – assist the associate recruiters in targeted search and recruitment of new candidates for our global positions
- Undergraduate university outreach – including research on institutions, academic programs and conferences that are relevant OAF’s mission. Also includes brainstorming activities and topics of interest for university students.
- Assist in general recruitment functions – research and determine best channels for finding new applicants.
- Technical Updates – working with team to update information on external recruitment sites and job boards.
- Office Management – assist in the day-to-day tasks for effectively running the US office.
- Data Entry for Large Data Analysis Project – use Excel to clean and code data. Analysis of data as well if candidate possesses advanced quantitative skills.
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills- even at the intern level. Your manager will invest time in your professional development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and a final performance review upon completion of the internship period. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to help develop the skills that would put you on your desired career track.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for a competitive internship position. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional recent college graduates or students with at least one year of university coursework completed (i.e. second year/Sophomore status).
- Strong work experiences. Examples include summer jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school.
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA on your resume).
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likeable team. We are looking for passionate students that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks with different POPS team members.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team depending on the project
- Familiarity with excel for data entry and analysis
Preferred Start Date
Modest weekly stipend, monthly metro card
Back to top