People Operations Associate Recruiter - US
Exceptional professionals with an interest in people and recruiting, experience in a fast-paced work environment, and a deep interest in international development and nonprofit work.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund is a rapidly-growing organization with limitless potential for impact. We commit significant resources to our recruiting efforts to hire the world’s best international development professionals. Every year we receive tens of thousands of applications, and we are seeking an HR/administration professional with excellent organizational skills to help us manage our growing candidate pipeline.
The People Operations Associate Recruiter will join our US-based people operations team to provide support in a variety of areas.
Example duties include:
- Application screening: The People Operations Associate Recruiter will be an integral part in our candidate screening and selection process from the review of applications through the interview process. One Acre Fund seeks to hire international development professionals of the very best caliber, and application screening is a vital first step of that hiring process. Applicants must truly enjoy the process of finding candidates who meet the qualifications we establish for the 40+ jobs we have in the field.
- Candidate database management: As applicants move through One Acre Fund’s candidate pipeline, the People Operations Associate Recruiter will help to accurately track the progress of those applicants.
- Candidate communication: Our hiring process is rigorous and requires a number of steps, including multiple interviews and exercises. The People Operations Associate Recruiter will coordinate these interviews, conduct some of the interviews and administer exercises at each step in the process.
- Outreach activities: The People Operations Associate Recruiter will support One Acre Fund’s recruiting initiatives by ensuring that vacancies are up-to-date and continuously posted to relevant online job boards, as well as represent One Acre Fund at strategic recruiting events.
- Recruiting special projects: The people operations associate will play an integral part in ensuring our talent search is effective and successful and would be called on to come up with innovative strategies to recruit, grow and retain staffers.
- Start-up tasks: We are a young organization that is growing rapidly. This means that all staffers pitch in to ensure we are providing the very best support and services to both our staffers and clients. We are looking for a diligent and enthusiastic staffer who can tackle tasks quickly and accurately.
- People support: Support staff during their entire life cycle at the organization, with a particular focus on new staff onboarding. Provide staff with exceptional customer service.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
With outstanding performance, the Associate Recruiter can expect to rise to a manager level with the responsibility of managing several staffers and a significant portion of our recruiting operations.
We are seeking someone with an interest in people and recruiting, experience in a fast-paced work environment, and a deep interest in international development and/or nonprofit work. The ideal candidate possesses the following qualities:
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail; the ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior written communication skills: The People Operations Associate Recruiter will have daily contact with our candidates and Africa-based team members and should be able to engage with them in a friendly and professional way.
- The ability to multi-task while effectively prioritizing: The routine tasks of the People Operations Associate Recruiter will often have non-flexible deadlines.
- Internal drive: The People Operations Associate Recruiter will often work without much supervision and must be a self-starter who can proactively complete tasks without continuous oversight.
- Top-performing academic record(s): Please include GPA and test scores on your resume.
- A humble approach to service: We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and humility.
- A willingness to commit to this position: This is a long–term role that requires a minimum two-year commitment.
- Language: English required; French is a plus.
Limited travel in the US is likely and may increase to up to 20% as the candidate transitions into a key member of our recruiting team. Annual trip to Africa.
Preferred Start Date
Flexible, but as soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, 401k contribution, flexible work environment.
Sponsor International Candidates
Back to top