Monitoring and Evaluation Nutrition Associate
Exceptional professionals with 2+ years work experience, Masters degree preferred, to serve in a position that combines evaluation design, analysis, report writing, team management and staff development in East Africa.
Kakamega, Kenya or Muramvya, Burundi
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
We are seeking a smart and dedicated self-starter to be an M&E Associate, based either in Bungoma Kenya or Murmvya Burundi, to lead the evaluation of a growing body of nutrition work. Overall, the M&E Associate will be responsible for using data to gain a deeper understanding of the depth and nature of program impact on a broad range of nutrition outcomes.
- Work in partnership with supervisor to craft long term evaluation strategy across multiple nutrition interventions.
- Act as main liaison with external evaluation partner for select nutrition interventions, working to agree upon evaluation approach, data collection strategy and analysis and report writing framework.
- Design, field-test and revise survey instruments, using tablets for data collection
- Work with field-based staff to complete their objectives of collecting, analyzing and reporting on data to both understand and improve program performance.
- Supervise and develop local M&E supervisors and enumerators, which will include:
- Regular mentorship of M&E supervisor through field visits, meetings and career reviews
- In field supervision of key M&E activities with an eye towards extremely high quality standards.
- Conduct regular skills development trainings.
- Conduct data analysis and results dissemination to draw both early and final conclusions and actionable recommendations.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 1 to 5+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, analyzing data or devising strategy for the private sector, in academia or for consulting firms, and solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc).
- Prior field-based M&E experience
- Academic or professional experience designing and implementing evaluations/research and analyzing findings
- Top-performing undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate background (include final grade/marks).
- Self-starter, who is a hard worker and highly accountable to deadlines, goal-oriented and highly flexible.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: English required in all locations. French required for Burundi placement. Other useful languages include Swahili, Kinyarwanda, and Kirundi.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans Encouraged to Apply
Back to top